Somebody Help!!

by RichieRich 29 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

(Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4)

*** w97 8/15 p. 14 par. 11 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***

There is also Jesus’ prediction that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses carry out their work in 233 lands, island groups, and territories. True, untouched territories still exist, and perhaps in Jehovah’s due time, a door of opportunity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Still, Jesus’ words recorded at Matthew 10:23 are sobering: "You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives." While the good news will surely be announced throughout the earth, we will not in person reach all parts of the earth with the Kingdom message before Jesus "arrives" as Executioner.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Fifth,

weseeaglobalpreachingworkbeingaccomplished,whichJesussaidwouldtakeplacejustbeforetheendofthissystem. Jesus stated: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.
  • LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This person is a liar. They are a JW. There is no doubt in my mind they are baiting you.

• Undecided
    Undecided

From this statement it seems the Son of Man is a little late getting here.

"You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives."

Or maybe this statement is like all the rest of the bible, it has a special meaning referring to thousands of years into the future and only (whenever you are alive) means real soon, any day now, before you grow old and die?

Ken P.

• needproof
    needproof

I understand you trying to argue your point to them, but what's the point? Somebody once gave me a terrific bit of advice - never try to argue with an idiot.

Only refusal to accept facts and determination to believe a lie would keep a knowledgeable person in the clutches of Christianity.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It's unfortunate, but many of the "hafta"'s about being a JW are cultural, not specifically outlined in a Watchtower. Like the "4-door car" thing. JW's can then argue "We don't have to do that!" when of course they know right good and well what happens if they DON'T do it. And the elders he knows with 2-door cars? Wanna bet that's their second car? I seriously doubt they show up for service in their Miata!

Non-JW's will tend to side with the JW in these cultural arguments, since they don't understand the depth these things reach. In their church, it's no biggee if you don't conform. You wear jeans and it's no big deal. JW's CAN wear jeans to the Kingdom Hall, but don't expect to have any friends.

Arguing with a JW is like arguing with a broken calculator. If it says 2 + 2 = 5, it's going to say it forever. You can't "reason" with it.

Dave

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No. 9

If there is no soul, no continuity after death, then what is it that will be raised? If you survive only in the memory of Jehovah, than are we to expect that he will just play us back like a record or maybe a photocopy? I would call this a re-creation, not a resurrection.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Tell anyone that questions the authanticty of your words to just show up as a visitor on jwd. Explaining that a slight bit of research will prove your word correct. As their religion will be shown to be a false prophet with any sort of research.

• anewme
    anewme

Richie your assessment of the religion's beliefs are absolutely correct! The published and implied rules are vast and exactly as you stated. If anyone objects its because he is just not listening and does not go to every meeting and does not take all the implied pressure very seriously.
    If one does listen and try to embrace all the fantasy and fiction and rules and culture...he will go nuts!
    Obviously, this person arguing with you is selectively choosing which rules he considers essential
    for himself without regard to how his behavior affects the faith of others.

I think you did a good job to list the absurd rules of the JW culture. Because he objects does not make your statements false. I wouldnt sweat over this person's conversion. Your words will remain in his mind and act like a virus.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

For the record, I didn't make the list. Like i said, its been bounced back and forth all over this site, and others.

I only wanted some help with a refutation because the person who the question was originally from was not a witness, and I was hoping to show the complete worthlessness of the organization.

But lola jumped in and sanswered it, so I'm sure either we'll get called out as being apostates, or we'll keep arguing.

Thanks though everybody!

• lola28
    lola28

They might call us apostates and they might even kick me from the group, I suggested that Shauna (the poster) read an Awake more often.

Lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit