Law Enforcement Connections, Im puzzled

by Junction-Guy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks, I kinda figured you wouldnt get that, unless of course you worked in law enf. Im wondering if other people here thought that too?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well, I'm not sure cause things may be worded differently in the states. I've never heard of the term Leo before. Cops, Constable on Patrol is pretty universal I think, but is somewhat derogatory and officer is more respectful. I know in Brittain they call them Bobbies. Don't know what it means though. Picking your partner on the basis of astrolgy I'd have to start questioning your sanity. It's like an like an episode of lethal weapon with Danny Glover, or a moment from Police Academy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Tyrone, LEO is just a general term used to describe anyone who works in a criminal justice field. It could mean probation officer, it could mean detective, it could mean street cop, it could mean corrections officer. Most LEO's are patrol however. Im not on patrol, I work in the jail.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That makes sense. If you work in a jail you may not be actively involved with weapons and not feel consceince stricken, by JW crap. Was that ever a problem for you?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No that wasnt an issue for me, because by the time I started pursuing a Law Enforcement Career, I already knew that JW's were a Cult. I actually sought out work as a Patrol Officer to begin with, but the hiring process was so messed up. I got hired as a corrections officer not too long after that, and that is where I am still today.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Do you think you just might be depressed? There have been many times in my life that I have felt completely disconnected and that nobody really cared. Then I began to question whether or not I really had any friends. That made me even MORE depressed.

Or you could be at the threshold of a new benchmark in your personal growth. That can be a painful time.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Onlycurious, you are correct on both accounts, but especially the latter. I have been very depressed for a long time. I have been told time and again I need to make some friends to get the JW crap off my mind. I have tried seeking out friends with other people of similar career backgrounds, but for the most part they have been unresponsive. Im gonna direct my efforts in other places. Im wondering though if other people on here have trouble connecting with other members who work in the same field that they do? If I were a newspaper reporter, or a doctor, or a lawyer, and I tried to reach out to others in my field, would my results be the same? Or is there something about modern day law enforcment that makes them that distant?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

All my family are LEO's. Two are retired and one is DF'd. Only the DF'd one talks about work, but he's new at it. My other relatives are glad to be out of it. One was a dispatcher, the other an SO. They felt like human garbage collectors and are both quite jaded about people. Never have I met more distrustful people. The stress is a killer. I suppose being at the jail has it's own stresses. The SO officer did his stint at the jail and said its the worse. I think he got an unknown rash while working there! What a cesspool it was of skanky diseases. I'm glad they are retired and out of that work. They were thrilled with it at first, but the futility caught up with them. The money was ok, but the job was not so rewarding. They commented upon retiring that it took only a month before many people on the force didn't recognize them any more. (High turnover. Not a small dept. one of the biggest in CA)

Hope yours is better than theirs. I think the worst thing LEO's can do is surround themselves with this stuff 24/7. Through my family I've seen that those who do that end up with the least successful marriages as well.

There have got to be message boards for LEO's on the net. I"m sure that my family has dabbled in those in the past.

Good luck,

W.Once

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I'm not sure of the nature of your work. I know my brother went for some seminar to work in Kinston Penn and by the time the seminar was over there were only a few people left in the classroom. I imagine it must be difficult not taking home certain felling etc, associated with it. My uncle was on the beat 35 years and I often wonder what he thinks about in his retirement. Sometimes I think of law enforcement as a brotherhood of sorts with it's own cliques. I can't say for sure where your depression is coming from though. I have Bi Polar myself, but sometimes I think it's because I look back on a life with too few happy memories.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Tyrone and Wasanelder, both of your responses are correct and almost mirror my situation. I have major depression because I left all of my friends in Ky when we were forced to move for financial reasons. I have never been able to make friends since. I have met a few good people at work, but the problem is they usually get discouraged and seek out other employment. Just about the time I really start to make friends, they either quit, get fired, or get transferred to some obscure division of the department. I work in a large department, and its very easy to feel like just another spoke in the big wheel. You are right, Law Enforcement is definitely cliquish, I just dont fit in to their cliques. There are other LEO boards too, and usually the same problem there. That's one thing good about JWD, I dont have problem making friends with people here, the only downside is they are usually hundreds of miles away from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit