Creation scientist resources

by hooberus 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You know there are some people who believe in God and evolution, and do not believe the earth is only 10,000 years old. Lilly

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    You know there are some people who believe in God and evolution, and do not believe the earth is only 10,000 years old. Lilly

And I have a good deal of respect for believers who take that position because, usually, they're being as honest as they can be with empirical evidence. Denying evolutionary evidence stifles important advances in the biological sciences - potential knowledge that can benefit the biosphere and medicine. As ex-jws we know all too well how ignoring/disputing inconvenient facts because of a belief keeps people in false hope, misguided loyalty, and leads to a mindset where believers will follow any policy dictated to them even if its harmful to them. I'd say opposition to creation "science" is primarily for those reasons.

• Cephyr13
    Cephyr13

If you guys are so smart that you can make fun of Creation Science, then please, by all means, let's debate the facts and see who looks stupid afterwords. :) Any takers?

- Brian

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brian,

If you guys are so smart that you can make fun of Creation Science, then please, by all means, let's debate the facts and see who looks stupid afterwords. :) Any takers?

You are new to the Board perhaps?

Look back over the past five years of posts on this Board. This issue has been debated on numerous occasions, and thousands of pages given to this debate. The 'creationists' have consistently been found to be without science.

I can assure you that you will look 'stupid' if you get on the wrong side of this debate. So, save yourself the embarrassment and use the search function.

HS

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh man!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    I can assure you that you will look 'stupid' if you get on the wrong side of this debate. So, save yourself the embarrassment and use the search function.

LOL!

Too bad the search function is being intelligently designed doesn't work.

• Clam
    Clam

LOL Narkissos.

There's nothing wrong with going over it again and again anyway. After all it is Groundhog Day.

• Clam
    Clam
    There's nothing wrong with going over it again and again anyway. After all it is Groundhog Day.

Did you see what I did there?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

omg Brian, do not even go there man!

Creation verses Evolution has been totally debated to DEATH on this board. With both sides claiming victory over the other. In my opinion it is a draw. We cannot fully prove God exists but also cannot fully prove he does not exist. And the evidence is in the "eye of the beholder".

Creationist's already have faith that God exists but evolutionists do not. They do not believe in God unless they can measure him or evaluate him according to some type of physical evidence. Just saying that creation itself is evidence of God is not enough to the evolutionist. And since God is spirit, we cannot physically see or touch him, thus we cannot measure him according to scientific standards that exist today. (for man). For people of faith, their faith picks up where evidence leaves off or is lacking. But to the evolutionist, the idea of faith, which also cannot be measured according to scientific standards does not really exist either. Therefore argueing these points is a no win situation.

That being said, some creationists believe while "GOD" set everything in motion, evolution ( a product of his invention) picked up from there.

Do I have proof of this that an evolutionist will consider? NO, because it is based upon my faith. Lilly

edited to add: many creationists (myself included) see God in nature, people, the heavens, stars, moon, sun, etc. and not only in the pages of the Bible or any other Holy Book.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lil,

edited to add: many creationists (myself included) see God in nature, people, the heavens, stars, moon, sun, etc. and not only in the pages of the Bible or any other Holy Book.

When a spider deceitfully catches a fly, sticks its fangs into it and paralyses it, then at its conveniences sucks its innards from it while yet alive, what part of God do you see in this? When a Praying Mantis traps its prey and commences eating it head-first while it is still living, is this part of the 'love' that we can see in God's creation?

I see little 'loving design' in a Universe in which everything feeds on everything else to survive, and does so in any way it has to so that it can continue living.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit