from Gone With the Wind

by purplesofa 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

What a neat place! Thanks for the pics!

Swalker

• juni
    juni

Thanks for posting the pics purps! And who is that beautiful belle in the window? Hmmmmmmmmm

I enjoyed the book, "Gone with the Wind" more than the movie personally. Remember hiding it behind my algebra book in school - reading during instruction. Got caught and the teacher said, "Now it's gone with Mr. Gill." Detention time. lol It was worth it.

Juni

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

ok last one.........but you can see the difference from the 1939 black and white pic to this one.

the lake is still there......its all just so different now.......and you cannot drive so close to the Mill now. You can see the rock wall that is there to the right of the pic.......on the other side of that is a sidewalk .....street and houses.

alt

pick of lake from opposite end of mill. Your history lesson for the night!~!~!~!~!~!~!

alt

• Undecided
    Undecided

I remember seeing the film back in 1942. It made a lasting impression on me for some reason. I was 6 years old and sitting beside my mom in the theater that burned up in the 50's.

Ken P.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I pass by the Clinton library.....at least 4 times every day when I work.......I think that is my car there behind that semi-truck.

Interesting world we live in where we can go on the net and find a picture with us in them. Recently I look at a satellite picture of my house in Anaheim. Hard to believe we can be on camera and not even know it. Thanks for the info on the area where you live Ms Sofa. I know very little about Little Rock and for that matter a lot of areas where people on this board live so it is always interesting to see pictures. About a year ago I got a lot of info sent to me in the mail from the state of Arkansas on vacationing in Arkansas. I don't know how I got on their list as I have never been there and didn't request it. Anyway it looks like a nice place to live.

• Backed away
    Backed away

Great pics PS, thanks for posting these!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Wow Purps, those are really beautiful pictures.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Purps..That is sooooooooooo cool!.."Makes me think of lines in Gone with the Wind.".."Frankly my dear I don`t give a dam!".."But Miss Scarlet,I don`t know nothin bout birth`in no babys!"..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Purps, these are beautiful pics!! Thanks for sharing.

FreeChick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit