Feb 5th Live TV Show on the Jehovah's Witnesses

by jschwehm 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Gang:

I thought you guys might be interested in the following:

Watch Jeff Schwehm and Carlos Caso-Rosendi on The Journey Home Program on EWTN February 5th at 8PM Eastern Time. Re-plays at 1 AM and 10 AM Eastern Time on February 6th, 1 PM Eastern Time on February 7th, and 11 PM Eastern Time on February 10th

It is an open-line program so you can call in or email questions.

Jeff S.
    www.catholicxjw.com
    www.ewtn.com

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thanks! I get the channel on cable here in Ohio and have it set to record.

Cal

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I hope I have this station. I will be recording it.

If I am able to record it, it'll be on my home made tivo so I think I could e-mail the program or even post it somewhere?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jEFF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I CALL IN... we have a little lesson on wt history. so don't be surprised if i call in. good work john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jeff did a really nice job exposing the wt on catholic T.V. LAST NIGHT. hope some of you watched it. they kicked the wts straight for an hour. calm but informative. i would love to see the wts take on the catholic church in court... ty jeff

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Are you focusing on any particular aspect of the JW's on the show? Knowing the theme might help generate question/call in ideas

I've enjoyed your interviews before Jeff. Keep up the great work

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I caught the program, Jeff. I tried to call in. My wife was very annoyed by the parts of the discussion she overheard. I just asked, "He didn't say anything that wasn't true, did he?" Silence. Of course. If she told the truth she'd be admitting error or weakness in the bOrg.

You guys did a great job.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

they pretty much went up and down the basic beliefs of the wt from russell to present. and some flip flops. they covered a lot of ground. enough to open peoples eyes . john

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thanks for the heads up. I will be recording it Wednesday.

The Claw.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Jeff,

I caught you and Carlos last night. Good job. You guys came across as intelligent and caring, not what JWs expect of those who leave!

Being an atheist, I'm not a regular viewer of EWTN, as you might guess, but I enjoyed the show. I also have to confess that Thomas Merton's Seven Story Mountain was very much an influence on me when I was a JW. It's sort of strange that Merton (I eventually had a ton of his books), Alan Watts, Thich Nat Hahn, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, and Mohandis Gandhi, shaped my view of what a spiritual person truly was more than anything I read as a Witness. I was reading those guys when I was a MS and an elder! I had their photos on my bulletin board in my office for years when I was an active elder.

Eventually I read the Tao Te Ching, and saw what a truly spiritual philosophy really looked like. I would eventually use the Tao Te Ching for the illustrations in one of my last assembly talks - a baptism talk - and would quote directly from it more than I did the Bible in my very last official act as a JW - a wedding talk I gave.

Two years ago I did a big, and favorable, feature article on the Benedictine Monks in the Weston, VT Priory. I enjoyed that day with them, and contrasted their approach to their faith against that of the aggressive proselytizers.

Again, nice job.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit