young, study-minded and apostate.. anyone else?

by DeusMauzzim 22 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was 23.

I started researching -- more or less trying to prove that I was right -- at about 20 because I was thinking a bit too much.

I asked Christians what they believed and talked and listened so I thought I could witness to them better. It turned out that they made more sense. I was kinda confused.

Then I really felt like something was wrong because the following happened:

I read the Bible enough to decide they had one thing wrong. I tried to talk to my parents about it and they ignored me. Then a few months later, the Watchtower came out with new light saying exactly what I just said. I decided at that point that the JWs were trusting the WatchTower more than the Bible. I saw that they were brainwashed.

THEN, a few months later, they pretty much told me that I should stay with my abusive husband so that I wasn't led into sin. That did it. I decided that there was no way God expected me to live like that. So I left and gave myself permission to think.

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

@SirNose586

I've read some of your posts elsewhere to understand your situation better.. I'm so sorry for you that you are just trapped inside.. I know by experience you sometimes totally break up because of this madness.. The wt meeting 2 weeks ago was about the new year's text and the good news that Jehovah is going to slaughter most of humanity pretty soon.. I almost cried seeing everyone I respected (including my mom) plainly state people have had more than enough time to decide.. and then the wt stating people just don't want to serve God. How can these nice people have such utterly brutal and unloving thoughts?

Is there really no way you just can be honest with your dad and you grandfather and save the relationship? It sounds your strategy is kind of a time-bomb.. I know you don't want to break their hearts but please please think about your own mental health as well. You can only bend so much before you break... Do you think you will be kicked out of the house if you were totally honest with them?

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Is there really no way you just can be honest with your dad and you grandfather and save the relationship? It sounds your strategy is kind of a time-bomb.. I know you don't want to break their hearts but please please think about your own mental health as well. You can only bend so much before you break... Do you think you will be kicked out of the house if you were totally honest with them?

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

Although I've been told by my folks that "you can stay as long as you like," I would like to get out before dropping the bomb. I am trying to prepare for the worst-case scenario, in which my whole family decides that I am dead. If I move out before I drop the bomb, then I can save myself some of the confrontation and heartache of being served an eviction notice. Even if I weren't an undercover apostate, I would still like to get out the house, so this must happen first.

As far as my mental health is concerned, I probably already have issues that should be examined by a mental health professional--issues which are more likely to develop in kids growing up in cults. Don't worry about more conditions developing in me that aren't already there. Like I allude to in many posts of mine, I have a "mask" which I wear when in the KH. To my chagrin, the "mask" is becoming a bit more difficult to don as I struggle with holding dissonant theories in my consciousness. But don't worry about that. Growing up in this cult has given me more than enough training in being duplicitous and deceptive.

After comparatively weighing the stress of suddenly dropping the "apostate bomb" on my congregation, and the long-term stress of going undercover, I have chosen to take the long-term stress and gradual build-up to confrontation. The latter is the more difficult stress to endure, but allows me to exit the cult on my terms and in my own fashion. Even by chosing the long-term route, I have help in the fact that I can float on by thanks to family influence.

I appreciate your concern for my situation! The way I want to get out might not be the easiest, but it's preferable to being df'd, kicked out of the house, and flat on my ass. So much the better that I leave home first, CUT THEM OFF, and then be able to cope on my own feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit