young, study-minded and apostate.. anyone else?

by DeusMauzzim 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

I grew up in the wt, did my utmost to research all, saw the light of course - everyone else of my family still in.

I'm 18.

anyone else of around that age who found out by doing research? I'd like to share some experiences.

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

• Rooster
    Rooster

I didn't wake up until I was almost 40.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wish I would have found out at 18 or 20 or 30.

Congratulations Enjoy the rest of your life

P.S. did you dissociate yourself recently?

wanna

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I was 17 I suppose. It started with research on what the bible really says about homosexuality..led to disillusionment with the false piety of witnesses that struck me worse than TV evangelists. From there I learned about pyramidology, 607 being a false date, masonic symbols on russell's tomb, all the false dates..you name it. Then the whole house of cars came tumbling down. Curious, what was it that made you want to do research?

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

For some of us it took alot longer to see the "light." Good for you that you are study-minded, young and apostate. You will be an inspirition to other young people. Glad you are here.

Leslie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm more or less at the same place as you are...only I'm still stuck in the org.

What started me down the anti-Borg road was learning about 607. I had to know why all the encyclopedias, history websites, and independent historical websites all put the destruction of Jerusalem at 587/586 and not 607. What did "we" know that "they" didn't? Who was right, and who was wrong?

I checked out 607 vs. 587.com and found out about this guy who had the same concerns as I. This guy wrote Bethel and their response was quite telling. They simply couldn't give a competent rebuttle to his mountain of evidence against the 607 date. Bethel told him to express his concerns to the elders and basically ignore all the things he had learned.

At that point, the whole 607-1914 doctrine folded like a cheap suit. The big investigation began, and eventually I came here. Along the way I've collected about 1 DVD's worth of apostate data, which also includes secret recordings of disfellowshippings. Really enlightening stuff.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I'm 17.

But I didn't really do any 'research' in the way you're thinking.

I have a general love for science. I've read science stuff since I could...well, read.

I dabbled around with evolution, understood its concept, and never gave it a thought. I accepted that the entire scientific community accepted it as fact. Then I did some deep research on it, and found out it makes perfect sense.

And the JW magazine's explainations were absolutely horrid. There was nothing in it that could convince a scientist to rethink evolution. It, in fact gives the "odds" of evolution at occuring at something like 17 trillion to one. Which, if you think about it, is a garuntee, several times over.

*science junk follows*

Factor in all the 'primordial puddles' the earth could contain. Factor in that there are 3 'possible' planets that life could evolve in our solar system (and a couple promising moons ;) ). And that there are untold amounts of stars, each capable of sustaining planets (planets are being discovered at a rate not thought possible years ago), and then multiply your findings by the number of galaxies, which have yet to be counted.

Congratz ;) .

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

Thanks for the feedback. Some responses and questions below:

@wannaaxit: No, I haven't DA'd. I'm trying to fade away as fast as possible... Please help me understand why one would want to DA? To me it seems you're playing the rules by the org's game then.. you end up losing your family.. so they still have indirect power over your life.. or am I wrong here? How about you?

@mysterious: I learned Hebrew to better understand the OT in the source language.. how ironic that would make one an apostate eventually.. anyway I found out that there could have been no Babylonian Confusion.. from there on Gen 1-11 came falling down, then the whole literal chronology.. then the wt as well of course. It's really enlightening to read directly from the source :)

@SirNose586: Sounds familiar.. I also researched 607/587 and know the site you are referring to. I'm sorry for you that you can't just leave, apparently ('still stuck'). That also sounds familiar. Could you provide some more info? Or rather not?

@Anony-Mouse: Good to hear from you.. everytime I see the org's creationist propaganda I have the urge to get a shredder... Fortunately there are a lot of fine resources on evolution available on the web due to the controversy in the Bible Belt and elsewhere.. I had to read up about that a lot and now I would call it a hobby.. you just can't understand biology without evolution :). Were you baptized? What is your position now?

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

DeusMauzzim,

Howdy. (BTW, that name in anyway connected to Ala Mahozim?)

The name's Richard. I'm 18, a freshman in college, coming up on my 2 year anniversary of Apostasy, and my 1st anniversary of being out of the organization.

I was raised in a bit of a messed up situation, but as a Witness none the less. I got sham- baptized (I knew I didn't want to it) at 16. I was in some silly trouble with the elders less than a year later, and joined this site the day I had to meet with my judicial committee.

Here, I met some of the nicest and most genuine people I know.

Through hell and high water, I fought to keep my facade of being a witness up, until, last April I was caught, and in a very dramatic turn of events, I disassociated myself.

Due to that decision, I no longer have any contact with my JW mother or grandmother.

Strangely, however, I couldn't be happier.

I'm fairly busy living the good life, but I'm still around. If you wanna chat it up, you can email me at richardiveythethird at yahoo.com, AIM me at theycallmeB1GRed, or myspace me @ wwww.myspace.com/richardiveythethird.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

I was 16 when I started really reading the bible and discovered the jw's don't have the truth. It took me a while to get the courage to look on-line to do more research. I saw all the failed predictions, but it was the 607 587 thing that really got me. It has been 4 long years since then. Right now I'm still in, I'm a sophomore in college. I plan on leaving when I graduate. Sometimes I can't stand the lying. Pretending to knock on people's doors, going to the meetings. I just can't stand the thought of never speaking to any of my friends or family again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit