JW Response to NGO/UN info

by Andrew Farrell 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

OK, so I have a response from Brooklyn Bethel as to what they are saying about their involvement in associating themselves with the UN. Some of my family went to visit yesterday and asked about it.

According to the person they talked to, no name given, but somewhat high up there (I am pretty sure I know who), said that they became an NGO years ago, when the application process was much simpler and the guidelines for being an NGO were much less stringent. They did it so that they could have access to literature that would not normally be available to the public and for "information purposes". They said they are reviewing their NGO status due to the recent changes in the requirements of the NGO's at this time.

This is probably one of many excuses given out to the R&F to soothe any ruffled feathers. The fact is, that they still applied to the image of the beast for connection to them.....HARLOTS! But the response from my dad was acceptance, like a little lamb.... kind of a "see, I knew there was a good reason the org would do that" attitude. UUGH.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This is an interesting response from the Governing Body seeing I have read the following:

The role of these non-governmental organizations that are associated with the United Nations is defined in UN resolution 1296 (XLIV) of May 23, 1968, which states that an NGO “…shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities.”

One other point - According to Ms. Oca at DPI (212-963-8305) "the 2 main critera's" needed for association applied back in 1991. Those were "support" and "respect" the UN charter and of course sending out the UN's information. Finally the WTS had to voluntarily solicit the UN and not the other way around. No way around it.

A second other point - If you are associated with DPI you must meet the present criteria whether you like it or not.

Hey Governing Body if you are reading this think about all those innocent people in jail by the 100s who read your WT rag and did as you required - not "support" their government in manditory military requirements. Also those who have been disassociated for just waving a God damn flag what about them.

So Governing Body I think you should - EAT ME !!!!!!!

hawk

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

Good points Hawkaw. It's amazing how the WTBS can water down their involvement with excuses....but what happened to us when we did something hypocritical? We would be dragged into the back room, and no excuses allowed for us....as JWs, we couldn't water down what we did, or we were not repentant and could be df'd.

Wonder who will df them? They must not be repentant.

• msil
    msil

Your friend is misled. He makes a case based upon prgmatism.

This issue does not concern itself with pragmatism. If pragmatism is a valid excuse then why couldn't the brothers in the 2nd world war sign the form of release? They could have then done much more preaching work!! Why didn't the brothers in Malawi agree to the registration cards? It would have allowed them to do more preaching?

gimme a break!!!

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

DoubleDee,

Interesting. Here is what the UN/NGO page says:

"In 1968, the Economic and Social Council, by Resolution 1297 (XLIV) of 27 May, called on DPI to associate NGOs, bearing in mind the letter and spirit of its Resolution 1296 (XLIV) of 23 May 1968, which stated that an NGO "...shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities".

This precedes the WTS's application by quite a while. Here's the link:

http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm

It also states:

"Associated NGOs are expected to devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities. In addition, they are expected to keep the DPI/NGO Section abreast of their activities by regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN. These are also made available for perusal at the DPI/NGO Resource Centre. "

We need to get copies of what the WTS has submitted. Pity the DPI offices are apparently still closed to the public.

T.

• Jang
    Jang
    OK, so I have a response from Brooklyn Bethel as to what they are saying about their involvement in associating themselves with the UN. Some of my family went to visit yesterday and asked about it.

According to the person they talked to, no name given, but somewhat high up there (I am pretty sure I know who), said that they became an NGO years ago, when the application process was much simpler and the guidelines for being an NGO were much less stringent. They did it so that they could have access to literature that would not normally be available to the public and for "information purposes". They said they are reviewing their NGO status due to the recent changes in the requirements of the NGO's at this time.

So, now someone needs to phone the UN and ask what the criteria was when the WTS joined

Bet it hasn't changed at all

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Leander
    Leander

The evidence is clear, in prior publications the Society has plainly made it known that the UN is a tool of Satan. And now we are to believe that in order to carry out the preaching working the Society needs to make use of a tool owned by Satan. The notion is preposterous, this is just outright wrong anyway you look at it.

I am disgusted

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Jang,

: So, now someone needs to phone the UN and ask what the criteria was when the WTS joined

Certainly. However, the UN's own web page specifically states what the criteria were pre-1991: it states,

".... its Resolution 1296 (XLIV) of 23 May 1968, which stated that an NGO "...shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities".

Notice the date; 1968. The requirement since 1968 was that NGO's should "support the work" of the UN. Simple as that.

T.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Hawk,
    Just putting up the documents now on my UN update site at:
    http://thetruthhurts.freeservers.com/unitednations.htm
    Sheesh!
    Can you guys "slow down" with all the new light?
    I'm getting blinded (by science!)
    Dogz

Henschel hanging out on a good day with the UN-type buddies!

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Thought I’d share my first response to the letters I sent out about the WT and UN.
    First a little background.
    My father is Df’d and ran back to my mom and the WT as soon as the WTC tragedy happened. This left my sister homeless and scared to death.
    I was so afraid this was going to send her running back to WT too. I’ve been helping her as much as I can and I sent her a copy of the letter I sent to my mom about the UN.
    My sister called me this morning. She said that this info was disgusting and would have sent her running away from the Org if she was still in good standing.
    She is shocked but believes the info I gave her.
    My dad promised me he would read the Bible before going back to the JWs, of course he also promised not to drink and drive, to stop gambling and to give my sister a home till she graduates from college. Why am I shocked that he lied and broke all his promises!!! I’m hopeless at wanting to believe him. Any way he also promised to read Combating Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassen so I sent it to him. When he broke all his promises I had my sister take the book back and she has promised to read it.
    I won’t hold my breath but I’m hopeful.
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit