JW Response to NGO/UN info

by Andrew Farrell 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

just wanted to thank you people for posting this info. ive been into the so called "truth" for 7 years now and ive always thought the GB was BS now i know for sure .... ive been lurking on this site for a while now (oops)and ive learned alot hope to be posting more in the future. guess im an apostate now but , i kinda like knowing what realy is going on. i guess i never realy was that "sheep like" person they thought i was. keep up the good work . thanx jedd

• Kent
    Kent

In a letter to ALL BODIES OF ELDERS of March 1. 2001 we can read:

The property of this Corporation is irrevocably dedicated to religious purposes, and no part of the net earrings or assets of this corporation shall inure to the benefit of a director, officer, or member of the Corporation or any private individual. No substantial pan of the activities of this Corporation shall consist of the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, nor shall this Corporation participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office. This Corporation is organized exclusively for religious purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (1) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code) or (2) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code).

Does anyone know how to spell HYPOCRITE????

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Moxy
    Moxy

good answer liberated.

non sequitur kent.

mox

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

Andrew,

Thanks for posting that response. I just got done telling my father, carefully, about the WT and NGO etc. Your responsefrom your friend helps me realize that my father is not alone in his lack of reasoning ability.

He did say that he found it hard to believe that it was true. I told him I was looking at the internet site and there they are. Told him I called and confirmed it and gave the ph# and MsOca's name as the contact person I talked to and confirmed the info. It took about 1 second after that for him to explain that while he did not know about them being and NGO, he was sure they had a good reason. He likened it to being a citizen of a country.... just because you are a citizen doesn't make you unclean. When I pointed out that it is not like they were just there, they had to join by filling out lengthy paperwork, he said that their being NGO's doesn't make them part of the UN if they stay neutral!!!!

I explained that I was deeply upset by the fact that I preached for years that the UN was the Beast the Harlot rode on and to see that the WT is listed on the same list as those other religions the WT condemns for being there was too much for me to bear. He suggested that if it bothered me, I should write the society and see what they have to say. I told him that I would be surprised if they would answer me since I am df'd. He said that was all he could suggest I do.

That was it--mind closed, conversation over. He had to go.

Wow..... he just did not even see it! All I can say is.... I see it, I am disgusted and glad to have had my eyes opened up!

Love,
    Dee

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Kent,

Maybe I just missed something here.

This seems to be talking about political contributions and influencing legislation etc.

Is this what the WTS participation as an "associate" with the UN's DPI is all about? Hmmmm I just don't know ...

Well in the "What is an NGO" section at the DPI's web site, it does say in the first paragraph .... "and encourgae political participation at the community level".

and the second paragraph ... "to enable the public to understand better the aims and objectives of the world Organization". (Organization is capitalized to refer to the UN).

Does this fall in the "carrying on of propaganda"?

hmm...

Where is the whole letter.

P.S. - did you edit your post on the "blank applicationand form" and also publish the "critera for association" document with the "blank application" document I gave you via dungbeetle?

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

DD,

Its tough isn't it. Patience. Its good you didn't treat him like an idiot etc. Go real easy and read further up this thread to a link about how to deal with changing people's beliefs. It will help.

Did you tell him the WTS voluntarily solicited the beast and they are promoting the beast and agreeing to the beasts charter just like those other churches?

Did you ask him if he felt like the WTS were lying to him or not?

That Theocratic War Strategy is tought to get around isn't it.

hawk

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Once again I am in awe at the blithe way an active JW can ignore facts and twist them so that they can keep themselves from examining the hypocritical dealings of "Mother".

Anyone who can explain away a specific request by the WTBTS to join the UN as a "requirement" is truly unable to comprehend reality.

Very sad.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Welcome Doc jedd.
    look foward to your posts.
    Ranchette

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Told my mom, dad and brother by showing them on the computer. I was sitting there and told my mom, "hey mom, come here I want to show you something I can't quite understand" I then showed her the UN home page, explained what a NGO is, how it becomes associated with the DPI, and what requirements it must agree with. She was shocked to say the least, and very puzzled. My brother was puzzled too, and proceeded to say that there could be lots of reasons why the signatures of a member of the GB and the writing comittee could be on those documents. I said "how?" and he said "I don't know, forged documents?" The indoctrinated mind will try to make any excuse to hold faithful to the indoctrinator no matter how overwhelming the evidence against them. I felt like telling them it's like what Sherlock Holmes said.....(paraphrasing badly) To take away what you know is false, and whatever is left no matter how unlikely is the truth.......

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Kent
    Kent

I just posted the stuff on the Observer, and I posted the other stuff as well. There shouldn't be any mistakes there.

The quote from the BOE letter was something I posted just to show the hypocricy inside the Watchtower. THis time it was about Owning Kingdom Halls, and then there is other rules, naturally.

I will post that letter shortly on the observer as well. Actually, I just posted another letter today, http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20011002&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=110020004&Ref=AR

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit