Demons to the left of us, demons to the right........

by Gill 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder what you would call a cult so obsessed with demonism and Satanism that it does not actually understand what nonsense it is spouting.

The Bible talks (somewhere, I'm sure someone will enlighten us) about the angels being neither male or female, ie sexless.

What is interesting in the article 'Demons - How can We Resisit Them?' is they go back to big hefty man size angels sitting in clouds with large wings (oh and by the way they have beards as well) looking down at a couple of scantilly clad 'hot' young things.

Now sexual attraction is caused by hormones and appropriate male/female, bits and pieces. If these angels were spirit creatures, what part of their non physical body part was getting 'hot and bothered' and all aroused as the picture suggests?

I'm afraid that the WTBTS is too obsessed with both demonism and sex!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Black Sheep - I'm sorry to hear the effect of bolstering up someone's beliefs in demons. I'm not surprised your wife won't discuss what happened. She should be thoroughly ashamed for winding up an already 'mentally damaged' person!

Lowden - Excellent point about the genocides of the OT ordered by Jehovah!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Gill,

Are you making any reference to YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE ON EARTH? I read the entire thread earlier but cannot remember this. Page 93. The three lovelies in a pool of water. Plagiarized from STERN magazine. Might have been a desperate attempt to get a professional look for a sordid subject. It is exactly the woman in the forefront, even to the very placement of each and every strand of hair upon her brow. WT art is a subject unto itself, but then, this art was stolen. I can look up the source for this later if you like. There's quite an article, including the Johnny Walker Red settlement.

CoCo

• Gill
    Gill

CoCo - No. This picture is in the latest March 15th 2007 Watchtower, page 26!

Different ladies and different 'blokey' angels!

• bernadette
    bernadette

My family really want me to attend the sunday meeting in a couple of weeks. What is the talk? its How to avoid Satan's snares? I'm tempted to go and take notes and share with you all, but I don't think I'll be able to keep a neutral face.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I'm afraid that the WTBTS is too obsessed with both demonism and sex!!!

Excellent point Gill

Makes one wonder WHY they are so obsessed...seems like they are doing a great job of preaching about Satan and his demons..maybe they(satan and the demons) like the coverage?

What's the saying? ''There's no such thing as bad publicity'' lol

I dont know, sex is for humans and animals, is it not? why would a spirit creature want sex? hmmm, maybe because we all created with the desire to aquire/attain what we dont have? why did satan want rulership? what made him feel that greed in the first place? did god create jealousy?

hmmmm...no wonder so many people have trouble believing in god, and the bible...no wonder so many Jdubs become agnostic and or atheist...

I remember being obsessed with demons too as a child...always scared, always had nightmares, and up until recently I had nightmares about armegeddon.

It's no different than the catholic church's using hellfire as a way to keep their followers inline...that's one of the reasons i left, the similarities between the JW religion and other religions just made me sick. and they have the audacity to say that those religions are all going to be destroyed when they, themselves, practice wrong doing, and LIE about their past,cover up the original teachings.

J Rutherford was a greedy drunken bastard, who lived in luxury while sending the poor, penniless pioneers to spread his theories, and never once helping them financially, even though he had the means to do so. What a power trip...disgusting. sorry for going off topic...

• Navigator
    Navigator

A Basic teaching of A Course In Miracles is : "That which you defend against, you make real to your own mind".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit