Bethel Pedophile Cano sentenced

by Nathan Natas 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

WOW! I live in NYC and I have been in these cities/towns mentioned in the article. My bf leaves close to the city of Middletown. I'm gay but pedo's are just sick!!! Ugh!!!

I've never seen JW's in the area. I have seen WT magazines that are left in the laundry room of my bf's apt complex but have never seen or come in contact with the JW's from that area. They must be few, I'm assuming.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• Satanus
    Satanus

Scully

Um yah, i guess that would 'pee' me off. Anyway, yah, i haven't been following this very much. I don't think that i'm sticking up for him. Jail will keep him away from innocent kids, and maybe make him realise that he has a problem. Although i'm taking an amateur guess, i just wonder if maybe the guy is in some kind of arrested development, or something like that. It seems like such a dumb, almost adolescent thing to do.

S

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I wonder how soon he can be reinstated as a JW.

After his reinstatement he can preach to the convicts, maybe this was his plan all along?

Not; he was just a horny bethelite who lived in a fantasy world .

• Mary
    Mary
    Cano was charged with driving around the City of Middletown last summer, handing out packets to boys with nude photos of himself, his phone number and other information.

And uh, he didn't think he'd get caught? What a knob.

I wonder how soon he can be reinstated as a JW.

Reinstated? Hey, let's not jump to conclusions.....do we even know if he's been DF'd? For all we know, he might still be considered "in good standing", given the WTS's track record of protecting pedophiles.

• Kudra
    Kudra

"...and said, "no," through a Spanish interpreter."

HA! I wonder how that went?

Judge: "Do you have anything else to say?"

Christian Br. Cano: "No."

Spanish Interpreter, interpreting into English: "He says "No.""

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    do we even know if he's been DF'd?

In the news reports after the arrest, JR Brown confirmed that Cano had been severed from the organization.

• jatreloar
    jatreloar
    who was convicted in a non-jury trial

What's wrong with a jury trial?

He sounds wacko to me, but I'm a big believer in jury trials either way.

• happilyout
    happilyout

Exactly...let him face a trial with a jury of his peers. Jehovah's Utensils, indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit