How Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Actually "Get" People?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Someone recently said to me that "only the weak minded" join.

ROFL that is funny.
    I picture Obi-Wan waving his hand and saying: "This is the religion you are looking for."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well the magazine did say " AWAKE " so I woke up !

I'm thinking of publishing a magazine titled " WAKE UP " ( Timely information about world events ) and send it out to any jw I know.

Of course I would have to ask for a small contribution to cover my costs, but then I could get the purchasers to buy a couple more and they might be able to sell them to a couple of

their friends and those friends could sell them to someone they know, and then I could start my own publishing empire and become a wealthy and powerful man, they used to laugh at me

for having a small penis, but I would become a king in my very own kingdom with my very own dedicated slaves........

.......Oh SORRY........... I lost it there for second...........

Keep smiling kids.........The true one

• Messy
    Messy

i got baptized after my boyfriend did because the elders said we'd have to break up unless i got baptized too since we were 'unevenly yoked' ....alot of good that did me....he dumped me a couple months later when his cousin played him a talk on tape about young men becoming ministerial servants before dating. this is when i started to fall away. unfortunatley i had already taken the plunge. the org can actually make you regret dedicating your life to god. (at least you thought it was baptizm for god...not the org...) THAT my friend is POWER! anyone out there ever hear of someone in power who wasnt somehow evil??? (dont answer that)

messy

jessy

p.s. me and my ex jw friend are going to re-baptize each other this summer at camp!

• minimus
    minimus

I guess "love bombing" might work.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Marketing

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
  • garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah's Witnesses are bottom feeders.

People I know who tend to be interested in the Jehovah's Witnesses, are uneducated (ignorant), under-employed (poverty), unhappy (depressed / mentally ill), and sick.

Those who are born in, like me, are encouraged to be uneducated (ignorant), live in poverty, adjust to being unhappy, and as a result many of us are unhealthy. Because good health is related to good diet and proper medical treatment. Good diet and quality medical treatment is related to material prosperity, and material prosperity is the result of long hours of hard work and a quality education.

Good health and material security make for a comfortable life and a happy person. Why would an educated, prosperous, healthy, happy person want to be a Witness???

• Gill
    Gill

As my mama says : 'God chooses the stupid poeple of this world to be his people. They're the only ones humble enough to understand the Truth!'

That's how JWs get people......they look for the , weakest, sickest and thickest!

• defective light
    defective light

I would suppose that the vast majority of folks who are witness's were born into the religion and were required by their parents / guardians to attend the meetings on a very regular / regimented basis, moreless force fed the crap, mainly because mom & dad would not leave them home alone, there would also be serious peer pressure if the kids did not attend the meetings with mom & dad. ( the whole scenerio(sp) has it checks and balances) when children are subjected to this from infancy and pounded into their minds 3-5 times a week at meetings / assemblies you have a pretty dumb naive finished product! (IMHO)

I think adult folks who are enticed into studying with this cult, kinda come and go, the ones who stay probably have psychological / emotional issues they feel the cult will cure or mask giving them the idea that they indeed have "the truth"

any "truth" to this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit