The Watchtower organization's crime against humanity

by TerryWalstrom 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Also, one noted "crime" against humanity that is not often mention, is the rampant Welfare fraud in the JWs. When I left I knew a large number of JWs who were claiming "disability" so that they could get government assistance. Typically these were fully able-bodied pioneers who would get "disability" (or some other assistance) while still going door to door. They would often brag about it and share their strategies. And, would do it all with the excuse of "theocratic warfare" and using "unrighteous riches". I know that in my family many of them have learned to work the system to their advantage. To me, that is a crime as that money could better serve other people who really need and it is fraud against tax payers.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Isn't that a fulfillment of bible prophecy? LOL.

". . .The resources of the nations YOU people will eat. . ." - Isaiah 61:6
    “‘And I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in. . ." - Haggai 2:7

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Let me correct you:

Generation after generation of productive human beings continue to be destroyed.

It is actually just one (overlapping) generation.

Other than that, you are spot on. They destroy the soul of its members and never allow them to be anything other than a Watchtower drone.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Talk about overly dramatic!! So some minor religious group committed a "crime against humanity" because they discouraged people from developing their talents? You are giving them WAY more credit than they deserve and as was been pointed out, they are a grain of sand on the beach of humanity. The only people this stupid religion matters to are; us and those few that get their Sat morning disturbed for a few minute before they slam the door.

Focus on folks that are really causing problems like radical Muslims that actually do destroy people, beheading them, setting them on fire. Those are ACTUAL crimes against humanity.

A JW will read this and completely dismiss as "apostates" exaggerating.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"fireman is a pretty popular gig among JWs that don't want to be janitors."

Ouch! How many firefighters died on 9/11? 343 firemen, 60 police officers and 8 paramedics. Along with thousands of innocent people.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

What does it say about confidence in "Truth" that it is seemingly indefensible against an education?

What debate did Jesus ever shrink from? Did he not confound his highly educated elders in the Temple with his insight and wisdom?

The young JW I've been counseling for the last five months astonished me in saying, "I hate Science."

I was dumb-founded. I gently probed his reasoning on that, and it came down to something rather unexpected.

Science can't be out-argued so it must be hated instead.

I extrapolate that to higher education as well.

• Virran
    Virran

StrongHaiku; that's my JW mom your describing! She claimed disability in the early 90's (in Sweden) just so she could focus 100% on this false religion. There was nothing wrong with her, just some backproblems. Back then it was also a pretty easy thing to do in Sweden.

But, she managed to go from door to door and walk miles after miles, she still do. When she complains about never having enough money, I always tell her to deliver the daily paper since she's running around at people's doors all day anyways. "Just put the papers in a little red wagon behind you and make some extra money..." But no, that's no good, lol.

Interestingly though, she manage to get a lot of freebies. A "sister" paid fully for her trip to Watchtower in Brooklyn a few years ago, just to get a travel companion. My mom of course thinks it was Jehovah that paid the ticket and hotel.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Firefighter is OK if it is for the Watchtower's fire truck, which is primarily dedicated to protecting the uninsured assets of the Watchtower corp.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    ...deliberately ignorant people of no use to themselves, their families or mankind.
    What is such a person capable of except Kamikaze ethics?

Words like these keep me going. Sometimes you live a certain reality but you sort of re-discover it when it's translated into appropriate words.

• jhine
    jhine

StrongHaiku ,

May I ask which religious organisation to refer to ? Certainly Catholics , Anglicans , Methodists etc all encourage their children to get the best education they can and if they are able enter professions that will benefit society .

Reading that last bit through ,it sounds snobbish as if only.doctors or teachers and so on benefit society . Of course someone doing any job well is an asset to the world , I was just wanting to point out that most religious organisations value education and the benefits that it brings .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit