Do you tend to think that many things "go without saying"? I do...

by Paisley 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock
    MY QUESTION IS THIS: Doesn't it go without saying that it's thoughtless, even unkind, to leave the family in the car like this, standing in the parking lot shooting the breeze with an equally thoughtless person? The conversation was jocular, so it didn't seem like some serious matter needing immediate attention. And even if it was serious, shouldn't they have had a little consideration for the family? Is it not blatantly OBVIOUS?

First of all, Paisley, welcome to the board, as I have not seen you post until today.

Second of all, you are 1000% right.

Warlock

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I say, Say something. Communication is the lube that makes for less friction. He could also feel 'it goes without saying' that if you were bothered...you would SAY something. Just MHO.

• Paisley
    Paisley

Thebiggestlie

this thread is all about my dad...

and misanthropic

mine too.

Thanks for your comments, and I'm sorry this describes your dads too.

• Paisley
    Paisley

J-ex-W

It goes without saying, that I did tell him.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Consideration of others should be a no-brainer, but unfortunately there will always be people (men AND women, and especially JWs) who just don't get it. I call them 2x4 people, because the only way to get them to understand anything is to hit them (metaphorically) with a 2x4. Subtle hints just won't get the job done.

• Paisley
    Paisley

First of all, Paisley, welcome to the board, as I have not seen you post until today.

Second of all, you are 1000% right.

Warlock

Thank you Warlock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit