Why Did Jesus Not Write Anything ?

by choosing life 42 Replies latest jw friends

• skyking
    skyking

done4good better yet prove that he did. then post what you find and I will show you proof that every hing including Josephus words was not written until at least 100 years later. Romans keep detailed records of every person that was executed, not one mention of Jesus. Josephus is the only writer that mentions Jesus but yet no one including the Catholic Church mentions what Josephus was supposed to have written for hundreds of years after Josephus death. But yet the Catholic church quoted many times about Josephus writings but not about what he was supposed to have said about Jesus until century's later. Then all at once the Catholic Church is over ran with quoting Josephus words about Jesus sorta like it could have been added later. In fact scholars that study ancient writings say the section that mentions Jesus was added later and computer analysis prove this. That leaves you without even one supporting text written at the time of Jesus.

There are a lot of points to consider. Like did Jesus really do all the miracles accredited to him. If he did other God men or Christs did the miracles first. Osiris/Dionysus Gods of the pagans were the first Jesus and their lives included raising the dead, turning water into wine at a wedding feast, having twelve apostles, being reborn by being baptised, riding into town on a Ass waving palm branches to take kingship, breaking and eating bread to represent their body, drinking wine to represent their blood, dieing on a cross, being raised on the third day. Last but not least their followers await for the triumphant return of their God man or Christs in the last days to rule the earth.

My question is why did Jesus not have the originality to come up with his own miracles and life without copying false Gods? Could it be that he did not do these things? Could it have been made up? Onething is for sure if Jesus Christ really did these things he was not the first man to have been given credit for doing them.

Way too much evidence against the Jesus that you believe in done4good. Prove me wrong I dare you done4good

• done4good
    done4good

Just look how history is tampered with before our eyes with George Bush lying about his reasons for invading Iraq and half the country believes him.

Not to run off with the thread, but good point.

j

• done4good
    done4good

Way too much evidence against the Jesus that you believe in done4good. Prove me wrong I dare you done4good

Why the hostility, may I ask? If you read my following posts, maybe you would get the point. But since, because maybe I just wasn't clear enough for you, I'll clear it up. I don't necessarily believe he DID exist. But rational arguments, appear to go both ways. True, little secular information, aside from the highly questionable Josephus writings provide any mention of the man. This is well known. However, it does NOT account for this movement of Christianity, arising at a time, and taking people out of many different belief systems, and suddendly becoming willing to die for this cause. Why is that??? This is why many historians can't conclusively agree that the man did not exist. Best assumptions seem to be that some man named "Jesus" did, not neccesarily in the first century, but perhaps long before that, exist. As time went on, combined with the opression of the Roman system over the Jews, as well as the oppression of the Jewish system, itself, people decided to "take" to this belief system. That may be, but it sounds like a lot to happen within a century.

I apologize, if somehow I sounded hostile.

j

• skyking
    skyking

The hostility was not meant I am bored today nothing to do I thought by coming across frankly it would make you want to prove the ASS HOLE in cyberland wrong. When I first started coming to this board I believed in the bible and everything in it. I would argue with the posters, with in a few months JWD posters proved me wrong about creation and the bible. Then they took my Jesus away from me. I was mad for a while. I now I feel so free it is very nice too feel free from the overwhelming pressure that the GOD of the bible gives you.

• done4good
    done4good
    The hostility was not meant I am bored today nothing to do I thought by coming across frankly it would make you want to prove the ASS HOLE in cyberland wrong. When I first started coming to this board I believed in the bible and everything in it. I would argue with the posters, with in a few months JWD posters proved me wrong about creation and the bible. Then they took my Jesus away from me. I was mad for a while. I now I feel so free it is very nice too feel free from the overwhelming pressure that the GOD of the bible gives you.

I'm with ya...

j

• Amazing
    Amazing

Choosing,

Good question.

In some ways, I wish he had written a few things ... but this could have caused more problems because we wold be arguing over what he wrote verses what the disciples wrote later on. But, he did give a hint. He said in John 14 that when he left us, he would send the Holy Spirit to comfort, teach, and guide us. So, while this suggests why he didn't write anything, as he left it to the Holy Spirit to do that job, it causes new questions as to just what the Holy Spirit does and does not do, and what it is he inspires and does not inspire.

After my next post on the Church, I will get into the Holy Spirit and see if perhaps more can be said that will be useful.

Jim Whitney

• kristyann
    kristyann

Someone wrote "Many times Jesus's miracles as recorded in the bible are followed by the words, "and the people were amazed". Why didn't any of those amazed people record or speak to others about those events so that they could record them? Something's a little fishy about the whole thing." But TONS of people DID speak to others about those events! That's why Jesus had so many followers. Tons of people were telling their families and friends and strangers and plenty of other people. And look how quickly the Christian church sprang up. There were definitely more than a few people telling others about these miracles.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Poppers, some would say that "The people were amazed" and then would point out that several people WROTE the New Testament and much of it, and other writings not considered inspired, were retained and kept to the present day. Also, since 'common people' would not have their writings kept for posterity, that we don't have record of all of it isn't that significant to me.

• skyking
    skyking

The speed of the Christian religion is not proof of anything. Just look at The Buddhist, Hindus, Bahia, Shinto's religion's I can make the same claim for these religion's on how fast they became religion's. So that claim does not hold water. Using that reasoning the other religion's must be correct as well.

• zeroday
    zeroday

What never ceased to amaze me was the 4 Gospels. They are all virtually identical. Why is that. The Bible says that endless books could have written about Jesus time on earth and yet we get 4 Gospels that are written very sophmoric with very little originality, identical to the others and very short. Why did they not write volumes about the life of Jesus. Why did they limit themselves especially since they were inspired to write the Bible books. Does't add up to me either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit