I met an ex jw at church today!

by esw1966 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• esw1966
    esw1966

I recently wrote an email to my pastor and let him know of my story and journey up until this point.

He thanked me for blessing him with my story and had stated that he was praying for me and my situation and my 3 children. He was very encouraging, positive, and loving.

After getting his quick response, I received another email from him stating that he had just received an email from another ex jw and how similar her story was to mine. He said that if I felt inclined that I could email her and tell her my story.

Regularly I would have jumped on it, but I didn't get right on it. I knew I would write, but I just didn't feel the need to DO it right away.

I had never talked to my pastor, Grant, in person and in his email to me he said that I should introduce myself to him as he likes to be able to associate the story's with the people. The church has over 3,000 people attending each weekend so it is easy to get away from getting to know people if that is your desire.

So, I went up to him after yesterday's service. I talked to a person whom I met for about 10 minutes which I RARELY do as I don't know that many people yet and those I do I rarely see. So that in itself was unusual. Then I was looking for Grant in the huge entry way and I located him. There were others around him and so I waited.

I was standing just 3 feet away from him as he was talking to a woman. I was just waiting for them to finish and then I HEARD HIM SAY MY NAME! He was telling this woman that he had sent her my email address and that my name was Ethan. I was in SHOCK!

You could say it was a coincidence. I see things as happening for a reason and moved by God. So I saw it as a GOD thing! I stepped up into their conversation, none of them knowing who I was, and said I am Ethan...

Grant, and the woman, and myself were all surprised at the coincidence and Grant said he just LOVES it when God does this!!! I said yeah, I know! I have had things like that happen 3 times since I have been there.

So, he introduced us, said that it was good to meet me, he said that he was praying for me and my girls, and stated that we should sit down and talk over coffee sometime soon! (I'm in the Seattle area, home of Starbucks. People just LOVE their coffee here!) I was very moved by the experience and viewed it as God's loving hand continuing to direct me to something and to be of help to others and to reassure me my path is correct to reaching Him.

So, this woman, I believe, was from Idaho. She was to apologize for something and refused and left the hall after 30 years. I look forward to hearing her story and getting to know her better.

She is the second ex jw at my church that I have met!!!! It is SO AWESOME not to be the ONLY one! I am making very good friends at church despite the length of time it has taken, less than a year. It really feels awesome!

I remember the hall saying yes they may be 'good people' but they DO NOT LOVE JEHOVAH. The people I am meeting are more religiously touched and have a REAL LOVE for others and God than ANY witness I ever met! I have been very impressed with those I meet at church. I look forward to being more like them and having them as my friends!

It sure beats having false 'friends' at the hall who abandon you when you need help the most after 30 years of close 'intimate' aquaintance! I find those at the hall as hypocritical and shallow and blind!

I just wanted to share my exerience with you all!! The ex jw at my church was very nice and has been 'born again' for 2 years now!!! She had her Bible with her and it was in a case. She was 'dressed up' a bit for church. She is doing much better now that she is out and finding God! I look forward to getting to know her and her story better in the future!

Hope you are all doing well!

Christian Love,

Ethan

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Wow that is really great news!

I remember the hall saying yes they may be 'good people' but they DO NOT LOVE JEHOVAH. The people I am meeting are more religiously touched and have a REAL LOVE for others and God than ANY witness I ever met! I have been very impressed with those I meet at church. I look forward to being more like them and having them as my friends!

This was the determining factor in who I was allowed to have as a friend growing up. How I hated those words!!! I too have met many wonderful people "in the world", but to JW's loving "God" is not good enough, it has to be "Jehovah".

BB

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

That is a really neat story and I am glad you shared it with the board.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Nice story, thank you for sharing it. Others will read it and know that they can also move on from the WT and still be in God's care. Lilly

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for your story Ethan,

You said...............

It sure beats having false 'friends' at the hall who abandon you when you need help the most after 30 years of close 'intimate' aquaintance! I find those at the hall as hypocritical and shallow and blind!

Boy, I could have said those exact same words. I'm happier now as a real Christian than I ever was for 30+ years as a JW. I'm also attending a great church. Who knows, one of these days an ex JW might attend there too.

HappyDad

• moshe
    moshe

In my case, I found out it was better to never tell anyone in a church that I was an ex-JW. I much preferred to not get that "look" from everyone. I felt that they treated me differently after they found out I used to be a member of the other side.

• evetteto
    evetteto

Hello Ethan, Praise God!!!! Actually Christians call happenstance situations...Godsidences, cuz a Righteous man's steps are ordered by the Lord. I'm so glad to hear that you have found a place to call home, and have wonderful fellowship with sisters and brothers who really love the Lord. Looking to hear more of what the Lord has in store for you. You will also find the support you need to help you believe God to bring your children back. Just you believe God no matter what.

NOW, FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

Your Sis In Christ,

Evette

• Honesty
    Honesty

Now you know why the Watchtower Society sees the need to villify Jesus' church and claim that His followers are serving Satan.

I am a member of a fairly large church in the Knoxville, TN. area and have attended two other churches.

The people I have met also have a REAL LOVE of others and God and are more spiritual than any JW I have ever met, too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great story. Just in case it's not God's moving you to meet this person,
    don't EXPECT anything from them. Be a friend. Kind of like people at
    JWD. Don't expect her to want to have another friend.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's nice to see that many ex JWs have found a real spiritual environment to satisfy their spiritual aspirations something not possible in the artificial and barren environment of the WTS which above all through its crudely erroneous heresy of the unanointable other sheep has cut off most dubs from contact with the Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit