anyone else out there land on a psych ward after being df'd???

by Messy 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Messy
    Messy

Its a long story that starts with panic attacks going door to door and ended with a 2 month vacation in the Cornwall On. psych floor for two months. I was stalked by the elders for 3 years after i stopped going to meetings. they followed me, came to my home, my boyfriends home, his parents house, my place of work where i am a nurse on an alzheimers unit. they scared my residents, coming in at 11:30 at night in long black coats and brief cases..not to mention me who got 'reproved' at work for calling in sick too much when i was having panic attacks at work every time the elevator door opened. i stoped going out in public after i was df'd i just couldnt face any jws in the grocery store with their cold glances..people who used to hug me every time we met up..also, does every ex jw feel this intense need to write a book about their experiences or is that just me? anyone out there want to hear more about my experiences? Because i could go on and on..

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi Messy,

I know about the panic attacks. I had them! I hated fs, but no matter what I had to go. When I was first starting to miss meetings and would try to go, I'd get panic attacks. Just the thought of walking through those two big oak doors did it to me. When I was "fading" if we got a knock on the door on a Saturday morning I'd have one. I couldn't go to the door, had to send hubby.

This is a good place for healing, and it helps to get it all out, and realize that you are not alone!

BB

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Many have and I personally did,it was a mess because the mental health folks couldn't comprehend the cult mind control dynamic.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, I hope your situation has now improved. The JWs are just a manmade organisation that falsely claim to represent God. Their teachings and expectations mean nothing at all.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm glad you found some help. Welcome.

Blondie

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Messy---Yes...your story deserves to be told...and you deserve to tell it.

And yes, again...I do feel this overwhelming need to write a book about my experiences, as do so many others I hear from on this board and similar sites. [In fact, many have done, and I thoroughly congratulate them for their fortitude and follow-through!!]

Welcome....

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome Messy! I haven't landed there yet, but I would not be surprised if I did.

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome Messy! I haven't landed there yet, but I would not be surprised if I did.

• esw1966
    esw1966

Hi! WELCOME to the forum!!!!

As I was getting df'd, I began LOSING it as well. My now ex wife had me call a psych ward and ask to be admitted. I was telling her I was afraid and that I didn't know what I was afraid of! I didn't want to leave my house. I was just plain old petrified and losing my mind!

They didn't have a place for me. I knew I needed help, but I didn't know what kind of help I needed!!!

My ex gave me $500 and demanded that I leave the house; that we were going to get divorced. So I left Green Bay, WI and lived in my van on the streets of Manhattan, NY. I met a friend, who is now my fiance!, for the first time out there who was going to cooking school.

She was the only person I had in my life at that time as everyone else I knew of was now shunning me and hating me. I sought truth, reality, and God. I was sure I was on the right path of being a jw and all and that in no time I would get my life back in order and get back in 'right standing' with God.

Life took a turn!!! I found out that I was lied to and that my religion was FALSE!!! I cried! If I was taught falsehood and it was a trap, I PUT MY KIDS INTO A TRAP as well!!! So it has been my goal to help them ever since. (At the moment, it's not going so well, but I put in in GOD'S hands! LOVE will conquer all and ONE DAY their eyes will be opened. When it does I will BE THERE for them!!! Till then they will hate me...)

Life is GREAT now!!! I have found JOY!!! I feel God's love and direction in my life!!! I never felt that as a jw! I did much studying and researching. I invited a pastor over to my house for weekly visits from the Adventists. He helped me out very much! He will be marrying us!!! He knows I have problems with his belief in the Sabbath observation and all. I am not Adventist, but I respect them. (I belong to a non-denominational community church now and I LOVE IT!!!)

I go to TWO great churches in my town!!! I LOVE them! I listen to The Daily Audio Bible on iTunes daily! I STRONGLY recommend it! It is WELL done and he reads a different Bible each week, with the exception of the nwt. I really like hearing the different versions and getting a better understanding of the Scriptures that way. It is well done! I recommend it.

I hope you have a successful journey!!!!! I hope you make a search for God and that you do not let your bad experience with jw's affect you from having the most awesome experience in your life!!! I always laugh at the change that has occurred to me. I was NOT that person before! Now, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!! So please forgive me for my exuberence. Coming to accept Christ has been the GREATEST experience of my life and I want others to experience it as well!!! Each must come to Him at their own pace. I just wish you success in finding Him!

Much success to you!!!!

I hope you get all the things that you seek!!!!

This is a wonderful place to deal with the issues that we ex jw's face. The people here are WONDERFUL!!! They have been VERY helpful to me!!! (I was a jw for 30 years.)

Ethan

• esw1966
    esw1966

Oh, yeah...

The book thing...

I think the length of the previous letter should tell you...YESSSS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit