Why Matthew 24 can NEVER be fulfilled.....

by kid-A 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Imagine the people who kicked the bucket, say, within a couple of days before the Big A struck, who hadn't been buried or cremated. Would these people be the first to come back to life? And since the resurrected people will just be photocopies of their old self, would it be possible to come across the dead corpse that was "you" in the Old System? Or perhaps the first task for JW Armageddon survivors would be to find all such persons who died but hadn't been buried before the Super Slaughter, and to bury them to prevent such an occurence from happening?

Funny how weird an abstract concept such as the resurrection becomes when you start considering it in a real-world way. lol

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This was interesting. I stumbled upon someone who did the math if all non JW's are dead soon, as JW are hoping for. What does that mean for sure? Remember, this means over 6 billion, closing in on 7 billion people now alive are affected by this "teaching" Here are some interesting stats. (Btw, I didn't have my abacus with me to verify his math, but it sounded true and disturbing to me)

If you could walk along that line of dead non-Witnesses (laid out six to a row):

Walking
    18 hours per day
    seven days a week
    it would take you
    43 years
    to reach the end of the line

Of course, if they were laid out shoulder to shoulder in a single line, it would take you 258 years -- more than a quarter of the "thousand year reign".

And another

The number of corpses
    if laid side by side in rows of six
    would stretch all the way to the moon

Hope no one regrets their decision to leave this kind of thoughtless stupidity. And to think that this life saving work "prophesied" in Mt 24:14 is so self serving, so narrowly interpreted. This is horrible.

Edited to say: How much sense does it make to kill billions at Armageddon, just to resurrect billions who were "fortunate" enough to die before Armageddon? (this is a real teaching, if one dies before the Great Trib, it is entirely possible they could be resurrected if they weren't witnessed to. If you had a little 5 yr old with a colorful magazine come to your door, and you said no, tough sh*t, you are dead.)

• Black Man
    Black Man

AllTimeJeff said:

"Hope no one regrets their decision to leave this kind of thoughtless stupidity. And to think that this life saving work "prophesied" in Mt 24:14 is so self serving, so narrowly interpreted. This is horrible."

That's the quote of the year, so far. Couldn't have said it any better...................

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder
    How much sense does it make to kill billions at Armageddon, just to resurrect billions who were "fortunate" enough to die before Armageddon?

My niece was killed crossing the street two days before her fourteenth birthday. My sister, like the rest of our family was raised in the "spoof". However, she rejected it very early on. She is one of the most incredible, rational, loving people I have ever met. My mother shunned my sister till this tragedy happened. She had the audacity to instantly point out the above quoted ridiculous notion. She used it as emotional terrorism against my sister ("your daughter is already in the new system... don't you want to see her again?") and my sister, even at the most emotionally vulnerable place anyone could ever be, had the strength to tell my mom to go fly a kite. Witnesses work on neither logic nor compassion. If I was resurrected according to their nonsensical dogma, I'd be anticipating the three thousandth six hundredth and fifty first day when I could actually speak my mind.

FBF

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

The anonymous writers of the two-volume "Inspired" books have evidently spent a great deal of time and mathematical effort to work the problem out.

Given that 6M will survive into the new system, and giving them 100 years to get familiar with their surroundings and have lots of babies, the population should more than double by the end of the first century. Now if we recreate the dead at a simple rate of just 3% of the total living population, leaving 33 people to 'reducate' each one brought back, it would take just 300 years to bring back every one of the 20B who ever lived.

There are just some teenzy weenzy problems that our heroes have neglected to consider:

1 The most incorrigible, brought back to "life" at the end of the recreation program, because they would need to have a well regulated and ordered society to receive them, will in fact be the very ones who are treated unfairly. Needing the maximum time to rehabilitate, they will be robbed of at least 400 years of the millennium. The survivors into this well ordered universe, will have had the benefit of the full 1000 years, and thes guys, the one most needing this full time period, will get only 60% of the millenium. How fair is that?

2 Then there is the question, as old as the first human being, of boys being boys and girls being girls. Suppose you get this living girl falling in love with this real stud of a resurrected fellow, and they want to marry, which is the right of all people who love each other. But they cannot. It is Verboten. Because the resurrected don't marry. So - What? Will they wear some sort of yellow star or something? You will still have the same old social tensions of this old system, of at least two groups in society. The "ressies" and the "lifers" Seperated foever.

3 According to the "Inspired" book, there will be plenty of room for all the 20B who be cloned back to life. Take the vast arid regions of the world and re-irrigate them and with these you will have beautiful garden-like estates for all. The problem is How? To re-irrigate these vast territories [like the Sahara] will require the building of dams, thus needing the creation of cement factories, electrical manufacturing, chemical depots, skilled labour, etc. Imagine the skies becoming polluted all over again.

4 Clothing everyone will be a problem as well. Ever notice the well cut Saville Row pants and crisp starched shirts worn by the vacuous models displayed on the back covers of the WTs showing off the benefits of living in this new system? Notice the well tailored gowns and brightly coloured dresses worn by the equally vacuous females? With their zips and buttons? Manufacturing something as simple as a zip or a button requires a complex network of manufacturing and disribution, not to mention items such as management, and marketting. And you still expect the skies to be pristine blue?

Sorry chumps. You cant have it both ways. Either you live in a pristine enviornment with everyone running around in fig leaves [Imagine what thats going to do to all that free flowing testarone of the lusty lads and lasses], or you have a reproduction of this same old good old world of today.

Cheers

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Not that this has anything to do with this, but Ray Franz supervised the original Aid book in the 60's which the GB is still paying for today. It was revised in 87 as the Insight volumes, but it is essentially unchanged from what Franz did. You can read about it in the COC. It got everything started on the GB finding out that 607 BCE isn't the date of Jerusalems destruction.

Btw, I love your math, it isn't a subject the GB excels at... lol....

• Neo
    Neo

The following was published in 1988, when JWs numbered 3,000,000:

*** it-2 p. 793 Resurrection ***

How would it be possible in 1,000 years to resurrect and educate the billions now in the grave?

Nevertheless, an illustration reveals what a simple, practical thing Jehovah has in mind for mankind. Not to prophesy, but merely for the purpose of illustration, let us assume that those who compose the “great crowd” of righteous persons who “come out of the great tribulation” on this system of things alive (Re 7:9, 14) number 3,000,000 (about 1/1666 of earth’s present population). Then if, after allowing, say, 100 years spent in their training and in ‘subduing’ a portion of the earth (Ge 1:28), God purposes to bring back three percent of this number, this would mean that each newly arrived person would be looked after by 33 trained ones. Since a yearly increase of three percent, compounded, doubles the number about every 24 years, the entire 20 billion (20,000,000,000) could be resurrected before 300 years of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign had elapsed, giving ample time for training and judging the resurrected ones without disrupting harmony and order on earth. Thus God, with his almighty power and wisdom, is able to bring his purpose to a glorious conclusion fully within the framework of the laws and arrangements he has made for mankind from the beginning, with the added undeserved kindness of the resurrection.—Ro 11:33-36.

If someone says Witnesses don't believe that everyone except JWs will be killed at Armageddon, show them the above quote. I've always seen it as a clincher as to how the WT feels it's all normal to do math with such an estimate number of Armageddon survivers.

Neo

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

With a compound increase, the doubling of the principle follows the “Rule of 72”. Therefore a 3 percent increase doubles the original principle every 24 years (3 times 24 equals 72). This means that after 24 years, the number has doubled to 6 million. It also means that after the following 24 years, the number has doubled to 12 million. After a further 24 years, it doubles again to 24 million. It is not a straight-line increase. Therefore (using a simple Excel spreadsheet), during the 24 years from years 288 to 312, the increase is from 12 billion to 24 billion. This is a rate of 1.4 million people resurrected each day, every day. This assumes a figure of three-percent, which is probably the “best-fit” figure the WTS could come up with, to fit in with their erroneous doctrine. They forgot to add the initial 100 years training to the resurrection period. But why would it be so difficult to “train” the resurrected one’s concerning God’s Gospel? According to Paul in his letter to the Romans, the Gospel is simple. God offers salvation as a free gift, just for the asking. It cannot be earned or worked for. The question posed is: do you accept the free offer? Why should the Gospel be any different during the 1000 years? Who could refuse? How long does it take to answer that question? The Gospel is wonderfully simple and simply wonderful. Doug

• Satanus
    Satanus

The whole idea of the necesity of people learning about god through words that somebody who claims to have seen or know yhwh somehow wrote down, and then others read those words and unsderstood, and then tells others about it is ludicrous. First of all, how can anyone be sure that those really did/do know god? Second, why does not yhwh instantly give all humans instant knowledge of himself by revealing himself to individuals? After all, once you see something, you can't unsee it. The whole 'preaching work' is a sham perpetrated by human corps, a story about a human made god. Nothing trancendental there.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit