Why Matthew 24 can NEVER be fulfilled.....

by kid-A 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

Lets see. By Watchtower theology, Millions if not Billions of DEAD people will be resurrected in Jehoobie's funland.....

Assuming 6 million DUBs survive the fiery wrath of Lord Jehoobie, they will represent a TINY MINORITY in the new world order!

According to the borg, ALL of these newly risen dead will require a "witness", meaning, the Kingdom Ministry will by necessity be in FULL SWING,

as soon as these photo-copied dead folk are risen from the pits of she'ol......Looks like we're gonna need the Pioneers more than ever in Jehoobie-land....

• gumby
    gumby

Excellent thread Kid-A

The Aid Book stated that there have been approximatly 20 billion people on the earth since mans creation in an article that was proving the earth could hold all the resurrected ones( that was written in the 70's) Now, subtract all of the witnesses that have lived since Abel and you have a shitload of people that need to learn the truth. In order to do this the society explains that the ressurected will be raised at a pace in which they can be properly taught the truth. In an article that discussed this, the society quoted how many bible studies this would mean each publisher ( witness) would have but I don't remember the figure. Since only a small fraction of bible studies ( about 5% if I remember correctly) actually embrace the truth, then this of course means more killing on Jehovahs part in the New System of all those who won't listen to Jehovah's people who are trying to tell them about the good news of the kingdom that was set up in 1914 and how the earth will oneday be a paradise. Damn......makes sense to me.

Gumby

• kid-A
    kid-A

"In order to do this the society explains that the ressurected will be raised at a pace in which they can be properly taught the truth."

Hee hee Gumb-meister....I just imagine it now: "Ah sh*t ma, you mean we STILL hafta go out in service on saturday mornings?"

"Yes Jimmy, and praise Jehovah! We get to do it NON-STOP for 1000 years!!!!"

Looks like they are gonna need A LOT of donut shops in the new world order!!!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha. That's funny.

Since we're all going to live like princes in the paradise you would assume that the average standard of life would be better than, say average Americans have it today, correct?

Well, to have EVERY human living the lifestyle of the modern American, the carrying capacity of the earth is 2 billion.

The carrying capacity of the earth CAN be 40 billion if every human gave up cars, transportation, fresh running water, meat, comfortable housing, travel and absolutely everything that makes life worth living.

My guess (and this is not really based on anything) is that is we gave up the unnecessary excesses and waste that accompanies the "average American lifestyle" we could MAYBE double, or possibly but highly unlikely, triple the carrying capacity of 2 billion. (???) STILL, that would only leave 4-6 billion spots for humans. I'd like it if someone who knows this stuff could tell me if this is anywhere near accurate...

So, looks like it will be only dubs anyway!

That paradise earth idea has SO many holes.

-Kudra

• mouthy
    mouthy

Gumby!!! so happy to see your using your thinking ---even though you are sitting in the KINGDUM hall (((((HUGS))))

• zack
    zack

They have always said that preaching was a "never to be repeated work." Then in the same breath they have said the resurrected will need to learn God's will for mankind. WTF?

His will is the same BEFORE the resurrection as after it, right? This was always a glaring contradiction used to get people out in field service.

Zack----

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Anyone know what that wrinkled cover is that's atop many of those old memorial stones? I wonder if it isn't to protect from certain elements that may accelerate their deterioration.

Fats

• Gordy
    Gordy

So we have JW's today after 100+ years have only 6 million members.

So how many after a 1,000 years of preaching?

Well at the end of that 1,000 years Satan will be released and what effect will have a 1,000 years of JW preaching have had on the people?

"When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves...." Rev 20:7-9

It seems just as many people then will up and follow Satan.

Looks like the field ministry failed again.

Or after a 1,000 years of JW's knocking on your door , you would gladly run and join Satan

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It seems just as many people then will up and follow Satan.

Looks like the field ministry failed again.

Or after a 1,000 years of JW's knocking on your door , you would gladly run and join Satan

Yeah, I never really understood that. So, you wake up, gradually getting more perfect...and you still don't want it...

Lots of holes.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I have heard it said that the preaching work will end with the great tribulation. In the "new system" there will only be approved survivors and those who are resurrected, righteous and unrighteous. There will be no need to go door to door to find the "unrighteous." There will only be a "limited" bible study program with them to determine if they keep living or they die. No study...dead forever.........

I remember the one speaker calculating how long it would take the 6.5 million JWs to study with the approximately 20 billion people that will be resurrected. I forget the math, but it doesn't take long. He was saying that if you want the privilege of preaching and teaching, now is the time.

Well, it didn't make me think preaching was a privilege and nor did it make the "new system" more attractive.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit