BIG ELDERS MEETING ON THE BLOOD ISSUE! SHOCKING CHANGES AFOOT!?

by Gill 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I have just been informed that something is going in with the Blood issue within the bOrg.

A large meeting is being held this weekend with local elders and also many elders from all over the country/the United Kingdom and members from the Bethel and Hospital Liason Committee to discuss the blood issue.

Is anyone else aware of what this is going to be about?

I wondered whether this would be part of the expected or possible changes that the Organization is expected to announce this year that might lose them many members. Any elders here know anything?

Apparantly, and this is only grapevine gossip that I have picked up from relatives who are putting up some of the Elders, but there are big changes afoot.

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't it that time of year when they review the blood doctrine at the service meeting? Maybe they want everyone to be on the same page. It is getting more and more complicated and older elders have a hard time keeping it straight what is allowed and what isn't. I found that the elders on the HLC were not well informed when the WTS started allowing hemoglobin-based products.

Blondie

• Gill
    Gill

That might well be the case, Blondie!

However, I have three cousins who are UK elders and they have said they have never had a complete weekend meeting on this subject with Elders from as far away as Scotland and Ireland. The one that is staying with my cousins is from New York. There are three from London Bethel.

• blondie
    blondie

It could be something new, but the WTS tends to announce new doctrine and policies in writing, not by word of mouth. Now if there is something going to be distributed at the service meeting on the blood policy, it would be good to get the elders up to speed first to be able to explain it. But I doubt that only the elders will know and by word of mouth...except for the policy that those taking a blood transfusion have disassociated themselves. There is no BOE letter on file only the "letter" the CO read to the elders a few years back. The elders could not see it, read it, or make a copy and the CO would not call it a "letter."

If something is afoot, it will be made evident eventually.

Blondie

• zack
    zack

I don't know about the UK, but the blood issue (fractions, procedures, etc,,) was the topic at the Service Meeting.

Zack-----

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Any major changes in policy and new light are usually "snuck" in a WT article for Sundays.... (remember the change in "generation"?) I bet they are just going to get further refinements on what makes a blood fraction. Even when I left, no one knew what the hell was what. Oh well, the light gets brighter! NOT!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

No, I don't know whats going on, but at my parents bookstudy this morning, the elder asked my dad to take care of his DPA because he's changing his information because of the blood thing - I was only half listening. I should've been paying more attention.

• blondie
    blondie

The information on blood fractions appeared in a 2000 WT Question from Readers and was repeated word for word in a 6/15/2004 WT study article and QFR. Then the same information was discussed in detail in last years annual service meeting part.

I don't think JWs understand that they are now "allowed" more choices and older JWs are sticking with "no blood, no blood" and avoiding anything they aren't sure of, scared they will be df'd (not realizing that even that part of the blood policy has been changed to taking a transfusion is an act of disassociating yourself--nothing is in the public WT publications).

Many JWs choose a close JW relative and a local elder as their proxy representatives just to be on the "safe" side.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

When elders are called togeter, it is for circling the wagons. The fractions are becoming an issue because many JW feel to take a fraction will cause them to lose out on ev life. The GB can't say that this is an adjustment, or else they will open themselves up to the mother of all lawsuits. But despite what was stated in the 2000 WT and the subsequent WT's local elders still don't understand what it is and how to explain it or answer questions.

When we were in Cameroon last year, another missionary elder and I were in the same congregation, and we were asked to hold a special part on the SM to explain what fractions are. To the uneducated African who thinks of blood as only one liquid, the thought that you can split it into 4 major parts, and even further into fractions just is beyond their grasp.

Sooo, either the GB cleared with the Legal Eagle Dept that they can change this horrible teaching on blood, or otherwise, they are just learning to explain it in such a way that the flock thinks they get it.....

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    The GB can't say that this is an adjustment, or else they will open themselves up to the mother of all lawsuits. But despite what was stated in the 2000 WT and the subsequent WT's local elders still don't understand what it is and how to explain it or answer questions.

The TRUTH is never this complicated. These hypocrites aren't just painting themselves into a corner, they have removed the floor boards and installed a gurgling pool of acid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit