Got a letter from a JW stranger in another state!

by lavendar 16 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

If I may make one suggestion, don't hit her with several topics at once. It can be overwhelming. My sister recently sent me a whole package of copies from the Proclaimers book justifying their flip flops & new light. I have yet to wade through it. She was responding to an email I had sent her where I quoted from some old publications.

Perhaps address one topic at the time and send her one letter a week or something like that. (How about sending your son a copy of the letter you send to her?)

• lavendar
    lavendar
    (How about sending your son a copy of the letter you send to her?)

Well, I'm been struggling with that for quite a while now. Should I be sending him stuff or not?? Would that just create bad feelings between us? These are questions I've been asking myself. Any advise?........

Thanks,

Lavendar

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unlike the Apostles they refuse to call Jesus "Lord", their religion centres around a very Judaic old testament God, Jehovah, and they expel people that want to bring Jesus to centre stage. Their whole approach seems to be based on the Spirit of the Mosaic Law. In addition they have zero tolerence for any objections or questioning of their beliefs they speedily throw out and shun with great bitterness anyone dissenting. But they are very good at tearing verses completely out of context and distorting them so as to support their way of doing things.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Have you discussed any of the JW beliefs with your son before? Could you ask him to "help" you research some things that you have come across?

I guess it would depend on your relationship with him whether or not to send him a copy of your letter(s). I was thinking of sending it to him since you suspected he referred the wit lady to you. Definitely don't want to drive a wedge between the two of you.

Have you discussed any of the WTS beliefs with him in the past? If he is close, maybe just ask him to read the letter before you send it - to get his opinion?

• lavendar
    lavendar

MeneMene,

Yes, we have tried to help him understand this org is a cult. We've brought up the false prophesies, the flip-flops, etc. The trouble is we believe if he DIDN'T join......he would lose his wife. We believe he was given an u ltimatum by her. She has been putting pressure on him for a long time, and she's finally got her wish. We are very heart-broken over this. We feel like we've lost our son. He can no longer take part in any Holiday celebrations with us. Because we are "opposers", they don't come around much anymore.

This org does more harm to families in my opinion......

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I feel so bad this is happening to you. The WTBTS has certainly set themselves up as more important than families and friends. Hang in there. Just pray he comes to his senses and sees it for what it really is.

I am one of those that just faded away from it all so my family still speaks to me so far. I have tried at times to point things out to them but they always justify the errors and wrongs the WTBTS does.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

So sorry, Lavender. Hope your son does not get baptized in that silly faith; that's like a nail in the coffin.

Anyway, we're here for you. Best wishes. The sites mentioned above are all good sources of info and there are a lot of helpful people here, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit