Did you ever hear of stealing from the contributions box?

by jambon1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

I never heard of anyone stealing at my hall either.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

My husband was the account servant for many years. He was very trusted and reliable. He always gave an accurate accounting and was very detail oriented in his work. The one before him was accused of funny business with the money and the one before that also. The other two are still active Jdubs but my hubby, the honest, trustworthy one, is now an apostate. Lilly

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

blondie 26-Jan-07 08:35
    Post 21686 of 21689
    "Actually, one of the current day "bible" dramas at a DC featured that very problem...a teenager stealing from the contribution box. I'm not sure which year...will try and check.

1987 ? (double life)"

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yes the brother in charge of the contributions box stole from it and was stripped of priveleges. He doesn't go to meetings anymore, just the memorial, after splitting up a second marriage, he married the sister, went back to meetings and was doing well, then someone called his wife the 'spawn of satan' and they stopped going(understandably). I don't know why he did it though cos he lived with his parents and had a good job so he didn't need the money at all. Luckily i've hardly ever donated any money to them so it wasn't any of my cash he took!

• metaspy
    metaspy

Yes, it happened in a neighboring congregation and my cong changed how we did the accounts because of them.
    Before: it was always locked, so people could put monies in it from service donation during the week.
    After: it was only locked during the meeting, after being counted it was left open so everyone could see there wasnt anything inside.

I was the accounts servant in my old cong for 4 years.
    Judging from 5 other brothers having it in 2 years with many problems, I was the best.
    I never had any problems with people stealing.
    I did have problems with certain elders not being able to keep track of one little stupid slip of paper!
    (for those that don't know, a co-signer takes the carbon copy each meeting and gives it to the Secretary- unless they loose it)

• Warlock
    Warlock
    ...........then someone called his wife the 'spawn of satan' and they stopped going(understandably).

Dobbie,

I'm sorry, but I almost fell out of my chair.....................laughing. 'Spawn of Satan'? LOL!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit