Time grows shorter not Longer, what are some things that you miss?

by avidbiblereader 9 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Name some things that you miss from when you were younger, lets take a walk down a different path, called memory lane!!!!!

It ought to be interesting reading everyones posts and see the age difference and what comes from different parts of the world and USA.

I miss--A time when the world wasn't as dangerous

I miss--A time Of innocense.

I miss--A time when kids could be kid

I miss the simple cartoons

I miss school break

I miss a time when getting simple things meant so much because we were not spoiled

PLEASE ADD YOURS MY FELLOW POSTERS LOL

abr

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I miss long coffee breaks out in service!

I miss not sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday mornings!

I miss all the meetings! (Yeah, right)

Outaservice

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear AvidBibleReader:

I miss the 70's also.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I miss going outside and playing all day til dark

• Undecided
    Undecided

I miss my family so much, mom, dad, grandparents, uncles,aunts, cousins who have died. Not but a few left. When I drive around town(they all lived here) I pass so many places where they lived and remember them and the good times we had growing up.

I especially miss my days as a kid, growing up in the country and playing in the woods and creeks. Life was so simple back then, nothing to worry about. I even enjoyed the meetings back then, they were all family, two different ones. We also enjoyed the movies, my dad was a projectionist and we could see all the movies free. No TV back then for us, late 40,s and early 50,s. I remember the news reels of WWII in the early 40's, that's the only way you could see what was going on over there.

I guess I miss my youth most of all.

Ken P.

• lurker
    lurker

I miss the 70's because it was a time when I had the opportunity to decide if I wanted to be a JW or not. Obviously I made the decision to become one. I regret that decision now but it is too late in my life all family is firmly entrenched and looks like most will never turn away. Anyway I would not have met my lovely wife had I not been a JWthat is a good point. On the other hand I never raised a family because of the Watchtower and my decision to pioneer and wait until the new system! How I regret that decision now. All of the ones that I know in raised their families while we sat by thinking that we were so righteous. What a crock! Sorry to sound so bitter I really am not but it would have been nice to have had the opportunity. Anyway I will make the best of what life I have left. By the way

Watchtower I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

my kids...their growing up years....

• tweety
    tweety
    Mrsjones5 wrote.....I miss going outside and playing all day til dark

I have to agree with Mrsjones5. I miss playing until dark....with my brother and friends.

I miss the music in the 70's...you could understand the words and the meaning

I miss the simple TV shows

I miss my mom.....she baked great pies and her cooking was great!

Tweety

• serendipity
    serendipity

I miss my daughter's younger years. We had fun together and then she hit adolescence.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I miss being able to sleep out on the porch at night.

I miss my "get up and go". It's done got up and went!

I miss my brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit