AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ditto! How did I miss this? AllTimeJeff... this is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I am so, SO sorry for the loss of your brother, and under such horrific circumstances. It comforts me to believe that our loved ones are still with us and understand.

Brilliant points you have within your story. That we mourn people when terrorists attack but we would not if done by god? Fabulous.

Thank you... and thanks to DrWtsn for the bump...

Love,
    Baba.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't know how I missed your story, Jeff. Thanks for sharing it with us. I really apreciate you sharing what happened to your brother. Something very similar happened to my uncle (he was a JW), before I was around.

How about an update?

• musky
    musky

What an interesting story! Thanks for sharing it. I never made it to the ranks of elder like you, just a lowly microphone handler. Anyways, thanks again.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi all... Who bumped this up?? LOL.

As you can see, I am laughing. As far as an update, I am remarried to a great gal, am over the angry atheist stage, very much into exploring what makes people in general and me specifically "spiritual", but have reached very definite conclusions on organized religion.

I respect peoples beliefs, esp in regards to religion, but always enjoy challenging beliefs. I don't like dogmatism and thinking in absolutes.

My story is crazy. I didn't even realize it as I wrote it just how "out there" my experiences actually were. I think that Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous cult, not in the Jim Jones sense. My main beef is actually more with the Governing Body then with the people in general.

I hope my story can be helpful. I have enjoyed and appreciated the many stories I have read as well......

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Just read your story Jeff.....Crazy wife,knife fights in a strange country,mugged by Cops..LOL!!!..I love it.....When is your next Movie?

NO MORE MOVIES!!!

I have had a lifetime of life squeezed into a very small space. These days, I like getting rheemed out by my customers, at least they aren't armed.....

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    ...am over the angry atheist stage...

You do know the regular atheist camp has room, right? ;)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL... Yeah. My biggest battles are with fundamentalists of all stripes (whether Christian, Islamic, or otherwise.) By "angry atheist", I mean I no longer feel it is my mission in life to prove god doesn't exist. I am really agnostic, and see the value of finding meaning and purpose in life. How one defines that is up to them.

But I do like to mix it up now and then. And I appreciate good debates with Christians. I am open to being proven wrong. Until then, I talk, like we all do....

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Jeff, I may have missed it but did your family welcome you back?..And what is your X doing now?

Glad you found someone to be happy with..keep her away from the JW's..

Snoozy..

• Scott77
    Scott77

"They have no choice but to hate me when I leave, so why should I care? They are a bunch of misguided people following misguided men

with just enough knowledge of the bible to be very dangerous. The problem isn’t their teachings, it is that they believe their own bullshit

100%!! They could just say that these are theories, but, I’m not holding my breath on that one... I still have the desire to be nice to people,

to want to help people, but now if necessary, and I have it in my power to do so, I don’t have to direct people to a cult, but rather, to help

people to discover their own unique strengths and talents, even as I am still discovering mine…After I got an apt and left, they came after me,

refusing to take my letter Disassociating myself, and my wife and the elders met with me. The very next day, I lost my job that I had just got

that allowed me to get my apt… What a blow! However, in the next 48 hours, I was able to calm down. It was tough seeing everyone come

to me and be very emotional. But at the end of that week, I was able to get a better job, with a company car, gas card, internet, uniforms and

company cell… Not bad huh? Satan really wants me out of the JW or something! Lol"

(AllTimeJeff).

That was so powerful. Is there anyone like Jeff who has lost a family member, a job and a wife to the WTS?

Scott77

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks ATJ for writing, and Scott for the BTTT: I had missed it so far! Fascinating story indeed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit