AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• Jourles
    Jourles

Welcome to the board Jeff. I think we all look forward to hearing a little more about your Gilead/Bethel experiences.

Josh - from the Lansing area

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to JWD, AllTimeJeff. I hope life just keeps getting better for you and your family. It sounds like you've been through enough hard times already.

Cellist

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But the real change in my life was September 11, 2001. I watched over and over again. We all did. For the
    first time, I felt horrible at the thought that people were going to die like this all over the world at Armageddon.
    And then I caught myself!! Why would god do this? We mourn them now when terrorists do it, but we will be
    happy when god does it?

That is so true. I don't think I can sell it to JW's, as they will say the difference is that these were
    innocent victims, but everbody must choose sides at Armageddon, there will be no innocents.
    I know that's nonsense. Your example of having to accept the WT mag from a 5 yr. old or a grumpy
    old JW, or else you rejected Jehovaha and you will die- that was great. It is so obvious once you
    open your eyes. I can't believe I fell for this crap.

I am fortunate that I didn't burn any bridges in my family. I have a good relationship with most
    everybody and my mom and wife are the only close JW family. I fear the WT organization telling Mom
    not to talk to me, but I think she will defy them, I have many hopes for her coming out. The wife, well,
    she has a master's degree and tries to think for herself, but won't let go of her idea that WTS teaches
    basic Bible truths, which she won't check for herself, even though she checks other things outside of
    JWisms for herself. I hope things work out for us, I keep hope positive. That's what I read in your story.
    As bad as it got, the raw deal you got- you seem very optimistic about making it all turn out by going
    to college and finding a new job and repairing relationships with family.

Thanks for sharing, Jeff. Hope to hear more from ya.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

ATJ...welcome to the board. Sounds like you're getting it together...wish you all the best on your road of recovery!!!

Swalker

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome to the board Jeff. Your story is sad and yet inspiring. Happy to have you here and look forward to more of your posts.

tall penguin

• Kudra
    Kudra

Welcome, Jeff!

I like this that you said:

I still have the desire to be nice to people, to want to help people, but now if necessary, and I have it in my power to do so, I don’t have to direct people to a cult, but rather, to help people to discover their own unique strengths and talents, even as I am still discovering mine…

I think that this change of mind and heart is one of the best things about coming out of that borg...

-Kudra

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Welcome AllTimeJeff, that's quite a story you have there. Elisha and Elijah? Knorr and Rutherford? I've never heard that before but it sounds like someone the idiots of the governing body would teach.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Jeff, you are going to be an interesting person to have around! I am glad to hear of your plans for reconciling with your family. So sad to hear of your brother. I am sorry.

You are going to come out of this so strong-you already have. Good luck on all you endeavor-and give your folks a hug from us on JWD-we feel for those who have lost children to the Borg, and have watched so many here struggle with the issue. It is wonderful for us to hear of parents who will get their beloved child back. They will be over the moon happy.

Shelly

• dozy
    dozy

Fascinating story Jeff (I'll have to look at the picture of the Gilead graduates to put a face to the account - white guy married to a black woman , presumably.). How come you weren't "rumbled" in Gilead - I've heard of a few people who were sent home from Gileads or Ministerial Training Schools because they didn't show enough enthusiasm?

the bible, through “types and anti-types” prophesied the existence of the governing body, and even Knorr and Rutherford!! ...Elijah/Elisha

I've never heard this one before - was this stated as current WT beliefs , as from a WTS outline, or just an instructor going a bit over the top? I checked with a Gilead graduate from a few years ago & he said that he had never heard of this interpretation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit