Christianity did NOT borrow from pagan "Dying-Rising" God motifs

by yaddayadda 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Perry said

Slowly but surely, good happened. Blessings happened. Marriage happened. Children happened. Obstacles happened with no way out. God happened. Then, one day he presented himself to me through the Holy Spirit and for several days thereafter. I believe my spirit went on up into heaven one particular night and addressed angels. He just didn't show himself like someone asking for a magician to do another trick. He showed himself as my father, his spirit bearing witness with my spirit in utter peace and tranquility. The Holy Spirit is AWESOME let me tell you.

I remember the first time I was praying and called God Daddy. I was shocked that it slipped out so easily. But, that is what he is to me. He spoke the name that is reserved for me in heaven into my spirit early one morning as well.

Believe it or not Perry, I respect this. You have made this choice. You have also admitted that god spoke to you. That can only be good enough for one person of course.

While it raises in my mind more questions then it answers about god, it fullfills your spiritual needs. It certainly doesn't help what you can prove of course. But I am glad that this gives you peace.

I hope you understand that there are many people who do not share your beliefs and are at peace, just as you are now. I hope you will respect them. They know that god won't damn them, and they do not believe as you do on many levels. Superiority of viewpoint is not the point where peace of mind is concerned.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

a motif is still a motif.

• startingover
    startingover

Perry,

Where exactly is this "hell" you speak of?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Did someone get abducted by aliens?

Perry, you didn't answer if you hd read Sagan's book. Are you willing to read it? I've read your holy book tons of times...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit