Fallacy of the "Light gets brighter" Teaching

by rassillon 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    That. my friend, is the 10,000 dollar question. How can "new light" replace old light so quickly and so often?

Maybe cause someone screwed up the wiring!! So no matter how many times they replace the "new light" it'll never stay on long!!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

New light covers up false prophecy. The WTS is built upon the sand and it will wash away

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've been thinking about this and I conclude that the fact that the "light gets brighter" is not really the issue. The light gets brighter for me all the time, as I study and learn things. The real issue here is that the WTS requires others to accept what is (admittedly) imperfect, and subject to change. The JWs say that first century Christians had erroneous views. This is true, but there is no evidence that they required anyone else to accept these erroneous views because of their authority or position.

• Robert222
    Robert222

What I never was told, or even knew to research, was that the "slave" was getting the dates consistently wrong for about 100 yrs. The society should have told its flock all through the yrs they were guessing, hopeful, and admit they were wrong. It is not new light or adjustments in thinking, they were wrong, and I suffered for it. That's the light that went on in my head for me. I had to finally think about what I was following, I had to admit the society is just flat out wrong, and knows nothing more than any religion through the ages. And that comment is correct about trying to talk to the elders, they do not listen, it is like talking to cult members. They are programmed with responses and don't really hear what they are saying. I can really see it clearly now when I was sitting in the meetings and going door to door, its like, we are programmed to say certain things, that are just not true. Its very hard to explain to someone that hasn't experienced the "truth" themselves just how programmed the JWs are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit