They make mistakes just like 1st century christians did.

by GBSJG 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

From the "old" days:

w 7/1/1880 R116

We are not disposed to boast of our light; be it little or much it comes from the Lord, and to Him we would be grateful. We would be dishonoring Him as well as our own consciousness should we confess that we are without light or if we did not deny the oft repeated statement, that we do not even claim to have any increase of light on these glorious subjects. Those who have not seen new and advanced thought in ZION’S WATCH TOWER during the year of its existence, only prove to us that they have not given it a careful and impartial reading. We believe it is our duty and privilege to bring from the treasure house things both new and old. (Matthew 13:52) And the new truth must always be in harmony with the old truths.

The "old" days are 1880 as well as the 1st century AD.

• LanDi
    LanDi

They've done a bit more than make mistakes - I think, it would be wonderful to beleive, that this sick world that is going to hell in a handcart was going to end and all loyal loving people would be blessed by God and live forever. A lovely fairy tale.

Complete nonsense, I have to break it to you. Jesus said to the Pharisees, [ paraphrase ] by your words you will be saved and by your words you will be condemned. (did I spell that right? ) They Jehovahs Witnesses by their own words have stated that many situations would make one a false prophet and apostate - yet themselves have committed often repeatedly those gross acts. As Jesus said to the Pharisees " If you were blind, you would have no Sin. But you say " We See" Your sin remains." [somewhere !! look it up ]

Please read Jeremiah 7:31 /32 :35 2 Kings 23:10 - So Dr Jonathon Kaplan - International Humanitarian Surgeon stated in ar recent interview that the worst thing about his Job was " The distressing thing is that children die so easily.They accept things unquestionably in a way that adults don't. The y don't understand that you're supposed to fight death. They just quietly slip away and accept their fate.". So they are modern day worshippers of Molech. Child sacrifice to Jehovah. YHWH outright condemned Child Sacrifice by the Israelites to him - Jeremiah 32:35

The WTS pondies even stated that " Woman kind must share the blame for Rape " and that " a woman should remember that her rapist is an emotional person with feelings." - in an Awake magazine from 1984. So while they repeatedly drum into us that there is no truth but from them, appointed Gods servants over all his possessions ( faithful and discreet slave, a scripture selected to appoint themselves) which is completely CONTRARY to scripture and always twisting and quoting scripture out of context . An example, one of the latest WatchTowers with an illustration of a woman putting money into the coffers at the temple " Jehovah loves a cheerful giver "!!!! Read the Scripture in context, it CLEARLY states that the LORD not JEHOVAH ( artificial nickname) loves someone who cheerfully gives to his fellow human being!!!!

They tell the rules - and berate all their critics and those who disagree as apostates. They are elected WITHOUT scriptural authority. Who annointed them as kings over us ? They did.

Get several different bibles, and read them all - note the changes. Note the Truth.

" And the truth shall set you free " - Jesus. Amen to that.

• Mad
    Mad

You got it! Paul was reproving some for saying there was no resurrection, and others for worshipping angels, for example. If you need me to look up the references, I will be glad to- but it sounds like you need to open the Bible more. 1st & 2nd Corinthians. Also, Revelation starts off with Christ commending some congregations- and condemning others for variuous teachings & conduct!

Mad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit