SHOULD JWS PREACH BY CABLE TV?

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I UNDERSTAND THAT DAVID HATHAWAY REACHES 400 MILLION PEOPLE IN FORMER USSR BY CABLE TV!

SHOULD JWS DO THE SAME?

POSSIBLY MORE EFFECTIVE THAN DOOR-DOOR!

• Gill
    Gill

I suspect that broadcasting on Cable TV is NOT Free! The WTBTS would have to pay out $$$$$! They don't like to part with their $$$$$$$!

So though they perhaps 'should' if they really believe what they preach (which I doubt), I'm sure they never will as there is nothing to replace a FREE BRAINWASHED SLAVE WHO GIVES YOU THE MONEY, AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

They do,and when I questioned it, the comercials were pulled, and the Cable TV rep, refused to speak to me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The information age is what is killing the Jw's. Getting their missinformation to more people on a grander scale would be detrimental. Obscurity is the witnessess friend.

On the other hand if they could find a flamboyant preacher with a wife that looks like a harlot. Who knows. Chanel 61 here they come.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Now you would think if they really felt they had a life saving message, and their desire was to preach to all mankind, that they would utilize this medium. (TV). But it goes to show, their interest is not in evangelizing the world. The so-called preaching work is the "cover" for a multi billion dollar publishing corporation, and the way they keep their employees slaves too busy to notice that they are really not a religion and that God is nowhere to be found among them. Lilly

• Gill
    Gill

If the Watchtower tried to 'advertise' itself on TV, Cable, Radio etc, it wouldn't be long before its dirty laundry would be aired. Everyone would know about their false prophecying, the nonsense blood issue, their total lack of child protection and their coverup policy.

The Watchtower would be a laughing stock all over the world. Their stupidity might well become obvious even to their followers.

To do such a think would actually expose them and destroy them.

Therefore, the WTBTS has to operate like a snake in the grass. It has to wait for when people are at their most vulnerable, or for the misfits and malcontents to come along and then it bites them!!

• carla
    carla

They would also lose control of the members. Part of the control is their time, meetings, door to door, etc... Why do all that if they can just turn on the tv?

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Can you imagine the crappy nielsen ratings that channel would get?? Of course there are a few diehards who watch nothing else..and no doubt the society would encourage the congregations to watch nothing else..

• kid-A
    kid-A

In the late 70s there was a VERY short-lived cable show on Rogers Cable television in Toronto featuring local elders discussing Watchtower theology for 30 minutes in a discussion format. My Dad even appeared on it. I was only about 6 at the time so dont remember exactly why it got pulled. I think they did about 6-7 episodes.

• kristyann
    kristyann

The Mormons (LDS) always have commercials on television, but I only tend to see them if I'm for some reason watching TV between 2 and 7 am, which is rare. Did someone say that yes, the Watchtower did used to have commercials like this or something? Someone asked about it and it was pulled or something?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit