Gone before his time -- Phil Hartman

by AlmostAtheist 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I was YouTube'ing the other day and ran across this memorial to Phil Hartman. It is only his work on NewsRadio, but it captures the man nicely. The song it's set to brought tears to my eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifbzZ66eE1M

I was sad to see Johnny Carson go, but he had his life. He was -- to the extent that it's possible to be -- ready. Phil, though, had so much left to give, so much left to live. His death was a tragedy. And a loss for mankind as a whole.

I miss you, Phil Hartman. I hope you had the time of your life.

Dave

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

One of my favorites from SNL. He was soooo sasssyyyyyyyy :)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thanks for posting that, I loved Phil, that was indeed a horrible tragedy. It's upsetting more so because it didn't have to happen, he's surely missed.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I loved his "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" character!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I loved his "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" character!

Agreed, one of his better characters! I used to have a tape of that, but it was stolen. :-(

Dave

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I agree. Phil was a great comedian. The Simpsons just isn't the same without Troy McClure.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Was a tragedy. Loved the show he was shown on. A lot of good laughs from that. Is it in reruns anywhere?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Is it in reruns anywhere?

I saw it just a couple of months ago. Probably late, late at night.

-Aude.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

So sad. His former house is only a block away from my office. Sometimes i get creeped out when I take the shortcut down that street.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

His murder was shocking! His female friend was drugged out of her mind. She killed him.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit