Help replying to this unbelievable email. Puke alert.

by heretic 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Heretic,

I would ask your brother if he really believe doctors would use blood if it is so much more dangerous than bloodless surgery. With risk of being sued and problems getting insurance does he really believe that doctors do not do what is best for the patient? He is getting philosphical about the word "proven", because if a person is dead it is hard to "prove" 100% they would not be dead with blood. However, statistics indicate that there are many situations where a person will die without blood. When there is massive bleeding volume expanders do not have the oxygen carrying ability that only red blood cells provide. Without a transfusion in such situations the person will die.

The Bible does not forbid blood transfusions. At http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/blooddoctrine.htm I have show why do not think it is wrong to even eat blood. At Acts it says blood and food sacrificed to idols are wrong, yet Paul clearly shows elsewhere that food sacrificed to idols is only wrong if it stumbles a brother.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I would also remind them just how reliable Watchtower doctrine is. Transplants are a great example.

1949 Organ transplants were originally considered "wonders of modern surgery." ( Awake! 1949 December 22)

1967 - Transplants forbidden to Witnesses as cannibalism. This continued to be the case through the 1970’s. ( Watchtower 1967 November 15 pp.702-704)

1980 - The Society overturned the decision and transplants became acceptable once again. (Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.31)

With that track record can he trust that they are not equally mistaken about blood, particularly when considering that the current stand is illogical. Previously blood fractions were not allowed, now they are. If blood must be poured onto the ground, where do blood fractions come from? If blood fractions are ok, why aren't JWs allowed to donate blood?

Rather than telling him it is wrong, if you ask all those questions hopefully he will be forced to think about how senseless it is. (But don't underestimate the power of brainwashing)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

If your brother really believes that god doesn't like blood transfusions then you are not going to get anywhere talking about those who have died and such because he'll just consider them martyrs sent to strengthen his faith. Instead, help him to reason on whether or not god does forbid them. There's a lot of great info that refutes the whole Acts chapter 15 issue elsewhere on this site.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

1980 - The Society overturned the decision and transplants became acceptable once again. (Watchtower 1980 March 15 p.31)

I can't help but wonder if around the time this "new light" emerged, perhaps one of the goobering buddies may have needed treatment that would require blood fractions?

• heretic
    heretic

yeah I havent written back yet, I dont know where to begin.

he says be wary of media headlines when he gets all his info from wts

he says the guy from WA is 'alive and well'. Only just, he was shown after his attack and he could hardly talk for days (he told me that)

he says complications kill not from refusing blood. uuurrrgghh. so its impossible to die from blood loss?

he says theres 'so many' bloodless hospitals now. show me one

Thanks for your input so far guys.

• avishai
    avishai

If you do the math, the JW's lose about as many from refusing blood as died at jonestown EVERY MONTH!!!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My Dad is on the list...Arvid Moody... it wasn't about the blood issue though...it was about organ transplants... He didn't have a kidney transplant because of the society's policy on organ transplants. They changed it 2 years after his death.

Coffee

• heretic
    heretic

Im so sorry coffee_black.

I met Simon in England and we talked about how that has to be the worst thing about the society. If you lost a family member or child to their crazy doctrine.

Big hugs from the heretic

Im tearing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit