"I Have a Problem with Shunning"....

by lonelysheep 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

agapa37,

I think you preach your bad news because of how much you hate people who don't approve of and adopt your religion.

It is already proven that your organizational growth rate is outstripped by the population growth rate so, if your current doctrine is correct, every year you continue to preach and Armageddon delays its arrival more people will be eternally destroyed.

Plus, your doctrine allows that many will leave or be thrown out every year and these will also be destroyed eternally at Armageddon.

In addition, if people are ignorant of your religion's dogma their odds of survival are significantly greater than the odds of those who have a chance to learn and reject the opportunity.

If your religion's dogma is correct then Peter lied when he wrote that God wants everyone to attain to repentance. If God really wanted that, and we know He is all-powerful, He would hardly use an organization that employs the least effective means currently available for acheiving His aims. In other words, He wouldn't use your religion and its archaic First Century means of communicating knowledge.

But, if your religion is right then God hates people and is using your religion to prove it, by preaching to them and making them subject to heavier penalty for rejecting your message. And if your religion is right then Peter lied.

AuldSoul

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

From my experience, it was out of fear for being smited come the big A...the 'love' had to be shown through FS.

your friend

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Why not simply behave yourselves and you would save this trouble?

• mavie
    mavie

I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself

D.H. Lawrence - Self-Pity

• aniron
    aniron
    Ms. K. said, "Lonelysheep, we are here out of love. We get up early in the morning and come out in the cold because it is for love of Jehovah and people on this earth."

No! They do it because a group of old men in Brooklyn have told them if they don't then they themselves will be disfellowshipped.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ritchie's thread today reminded me of another thing that came out their mouths-more of what lead up to the drug dealer comparison.

In a poor-excuse rebuttal to me stating that "shunning is wrong and there is no reason to do so," I was told:

"It's like this--I raised my kids to do the right thing, and have morals and serve Jehovah. If you raised your kids
    (guilt trip attempt) to have morals and make the right decisions, and be good people, then they sold drugs, would you want them living with you?! You would be terribly hurt that they went and did that. As a mother, you would want them out of your home because they would be a danger!"

I replied very unwavering, "I would NEVER throw my children out of my home over religion or god!! I wouldn't do that, that's the difference here."
    (In one ear and out the other because 'they're right')

That was when I went off about drugs being dangerous and there is no comparison... Then I went on to say, "If your faith is so strong and God is so true, what kind of danger could this person possibly be? There is none. It's not right to shun! You people destroy families."

What I said didn't matter. In one ear and out the other. I never had a mom to begin with, so losing my stepmom has not effected me greatly. Rejection issues from all 3 parents, sure, but there are a lot less years in that particular relationship.

At that time [and now], I really felt for all of you who are being shunned by your loved ones, friends & family. Or not shunned and having to deal with WT B.S. from them. And those of you still in just to maintain some type of relationship with your loved ones, sacrificing your peace of mind because they refuse to wake up and smell reality.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

"Smite me, almighty Smiter!!!!!!" ~~ Bruce Almighty

• ClaireManEater
    ClaireManEater

Excellent Work. Well done.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Does anyone know what book she could be referring to?

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember it being entitled "Evolution or Creation", and we referred to it as "the Evolution book".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit