Honestly-Did you ever......

by avidbiblereader 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Read the ENTIRE Bible all the way through, whether as a witness, after you left or did it take leaving to actually get the time to read it?

abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Sorry about that, I hit the wrong button with these big fingers. Anyway it took until I left to actually find the time or desire to read it.

abr

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Most of it, I skipped most of the begats, that just got boring. But yeah, I did. Honestly, I probably glazed over a few parts of it. But yeah, I did.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Yes I did, many times, apart from 1Chronicles 1 -9, which are genealogical records, and I read them a few times. I used to read the entire Bible apporoximately every 2 years as part of my personal study programme. I have been doing that since I was married at 19, so I suppose I have read it around 20 times now.

• done4good
    done4good

Interesting question. I always found this extremely difficult to do as a witness, even though I attempted it several times. After leaving, I found myself becoming a very pragmatic thinker, and tended to lean towards atheism, so it seemed I would probably never attempt it, as I thought it unecessary. After having some time to purge myself of the jw think, recently, I found myself reading certain parts of the bible and actually getting some sense out of things, that I never did as a witness...scary.

I actually am going to read cover to cover now. But I need a good translation first. Any suggestions?

j

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Gawd,No!!!!!.Too much sinning to get to to spend all of that time reading that crap....

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Done4good, I use the New Living Trans but a good source that I use in studying is two websites that are really useful because of just a click away you can have upto 20 translations and compare, the other site allows you to use the actual greek works with Strongs

Here they are

www.biblegateway.com and www.studylight.org

I found myself reading certain parts of the bible and actually getting some sense out of things, that I never did as a witness...scary.

I have found this so true in my reading and it is not scary, I take it for HS, I now do not worry about details on what the witnesses try to make dogmatic assertions but rather ask Jah to help me see the important things that bring praise to Him through the central figure the Lord Jesus Christ and seek His thoughts and to get the spirit of what the Bible is teaching for me. I hope this helps and I wish you the best in finding the true understanding from God.

abr

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Nope, tried to several times as a witness. But just like Lord of the Rings, i cannot seem to get past the first few pages ... tho i bet LoTR is much more entertaining

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hey vivamus - we have not heard from you for ages. Hope you are well and welcome back

• JH
    JH

Heck no, I never read more than 1 page or 2, then I get bored.

I never even tried to read the whole bible. I like prophesy, so I prefered to read that only. Not the sh*t of people who lived 1000000 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit