My JW elderly aunt just called me..........

by Mulan 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well you could always offer her a sense of hope by saying "you know, perhaps there will be new light someday, and I might just make it to the new system after all" I know she is probably worried sick that you will die at Armageddon. Alot of JW's like to use the term "good heart condition", tell her that you are a good moral person, and that hopeully Jehovah will see that you have a good heart condition. Sometimes you just have to use a little reverse psychology with JW's.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

That's the hardest thing for me. I still love a lot of sincere witnesses. And I know that some of them love me too.

For what its worth, I think you are doing the right thing. Most of our issues are with an organization, not a sincere, beloved family member. Your act of kindness and compromise shows a truly Christian attitude.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Mulan i can understand how emotional older JW's are. Poor people, they have been waiting for Armageddon a long time. I really feel for your sweet aunt. She sounds like a delightful person.

It is such a pity that rifts develops because of the GBs stupid rule on disfellowshipping. They must know how many lives they have destroyed but don't care less.

It was good you could comprimise with her. I know it must be heart wrenching for you too.

I hope that things work out for you both. At least she speaks to you. As well as a JW friend.

love Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit