Creator Book - Periodic Table - Part 1

by Amazing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Fatfreek:

I have a lot of respect for Amazing (Jim). I don't believe in an omnipotent, omiscient (and all the other omnis) God. But, I AM interested in how smart people arrive at "faith".

I can also understand his Catholicism. JW's have changed as they have gotten bigger. What would JW's be like if they had a billion members and 2,000 years of history? Probably quite a bit like the Catholic Church. Of course that will never happen.

I can also understand why Amazing (Jim) might think his faith is too personal.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Here is the interesting thing...electrons orbit in distinct paths called orbital shells.

Glad you said orbital - the old idea was electron ORBITS. this was redefined many years ago to an ORBITAL -the region of maximum probability of finding an electron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The periodic table exists because scientists started noticing that certain elements behaved in similar ways.

Mendeleev

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ctp.26"Architectural Units of the Universe"*** When the elements are arranged in the rows and columns of the periodic table, a remarkable relationship is seen between elements that share a column. For example, in the last column are located helium (No. 2), neon (No. 10), argon (No. 18), krypton (No. 36), xenon (No. 54), and radon (No. 86). These are gases that glow brightly when an electric discharge passes through them, and they are used in some light bulbs. Also, they do not react easily with various elements, as do some other gases.

Actually Helium, Neon and Argon do not react at all - never mind easily. Krypton and above do though with difficulty and the reaction has to be forced

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Proplog2,

I have a lot of respect for Amazing (Jim). I don't believe in an omnipotent, omiscient (and all the other omnis) God. But, I AM interested in how smart people arrive at "faith".

Thanks for the compliment ... and likewise, I respect you and your commentary. I do not accept everything Rome says or does. I am far more in tune with Eastern Orthodox (Constantinople), especially Greek Orthodox, which is the other half of the historic Church because its doctrinal positions are more in line with my Biblical sensibilities. Under no circumstance, however, has Rome ever been like the JWs, nor could it ever be ... and likewise, the JWs are not comparable to Rome, and could never be. Both Rome and Constantinople have a rich Christian history that no other denominations can or will ever have, save perhaps the Oriental Orthodox, which are alligned for the most part with Constantinople.

I suppose that I need to post a separate topic on why I believe in God, and then why I reconciled with the Catholic Church. I will do that soon.

Jim Whitney

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Amazing,

I'm with you in how different the RC church is from the WTS.

Maybe alot of short term attendees/casual partakers may look at the Church heirarchy and its conservative stance on certain topics and find a superficial similarity to the WTS. But as someone who went through the catholic school system, I can personally tell you that the WTS comes no where near the level of intellectual honesty I've seen in today's church and its instructors. I could ask questions without any worries of being ostracized. I'll admit my heretical leaning didn't go over very well with my teachers, but they still discussed viewpoints with me and gave honest answers. A sharp constrast to the shady slave-drivers in Brooklyn.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Midget,

I agree with you 100% ... Amen, Amen, Amen ... I was trained by Dominican Sisters and at times Franciscan Priests. I am going to post about this in a new 2 part series in a few minutes. Thanks for your excellent comments.

Pax Vibiscum,

Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit