You Are Going to Die at Armageddon

by The wanderer 27 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

You Are Going to Die at Armageddon

During public talks, assemblies and written throughout the Watchtower literature
    was the threat that anyone who was not doing God’s will, would suffer the loss of their life during the great day of God Almighty.

What Affect Did That Have On You?

The fear brought on by this doomsday message probably kept me in the organ-
    ization six years longer than I should have been there because of the
    fear of dying.

Did the fear of displeasing Jehovah or dying at Armageddon prompt
    you to stay in longer than you would have?

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• free2beme
    free2beme

Fear of death is a great way to control people. However, my reason for going into the religion was almost completely about security and acceptance. We all know one certainty in life, and that is that we die. While the Witnesses, like many religions, sugar coat it with la la land myths of heaven or paradise earth. We all still die. Most religions do not like to teach a level view or acceptance of death, as deaths fear is what keeps attendance up and control in tact. So, I guess it did not work on me ... still has not.

• bisous
    bisous

If Armageddon comes, I sure as HELL hope so, because the last thing I'd want is eternity with those wackos!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The threat of dying at armeggedon kept me in the organization in waiting for 75. By 83 I was out.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Dude...don't ya' know...? Harmygeterdun has done been hear n' gone ! It wuz invizible...so is the Pair o' Dise we're livin' in...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Liars are liars..I didn`t believe them..I left,as a Teenager...OUTLAW

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya man, the fear and the guilt is the main tool.

tetra

• some-xjw-guy
    some-xjw-guy

There are two levels to this. Not only may one not believe in their story and threat, one may not be afraid of death. Its quite a K-Mart/Dollar Store calibre kind of threat when you think about it.

• Twitch
    Twitch

so bring it on then,......lol

• some-xjw-guy
    some-xjw-guy

To quote the movie Dogma: "Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions, out of - out of fear of some -- some intangible parent figure who -- who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago, and says -- and says: "Do it, do it and I'll f*cking spank you!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit