What Are You Doing For the Rest of Your Life?

by restrangled 16 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

This song has inspired me to no end. It is on the latest commercial for Journey Diamonds....have you seen it?

Very Romantic and moving.....after much research it is sung by Dusty Springfield.

I'm still trying to figure out where I am going.......what are your plans?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I haven't seen that comercial.
    I have so many dreams that aren't very probable. I don't know for sure yet, I guess I'm still trying to figure it all out as well.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear MisA...

Listen to that song by Dusty Springfield.....It is haunting......It made me consider my future, not just what I'm feeling now. I realized I don't think much past the here and now, because I was trained by the WBTS not to worry about future...it was all handled for me.

Everything was going to be taken care of, ......I would not get old, I would not be the age I am now, I was suppose to be in Paradise at age 47, infact well into Paradise.

So at this point I don't know what I'm suppose to do for the rest of my life.

Any thoughts?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That was very haunting, probably the last thing I needed to watch right now, I'm feeling heartsick. But here is a working link in case anyone else wants to watch it .:

http://journey.adiamondisforever.com/

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I guess I just want to enjoy God and what he wants me to enjoy. Eat well, learn things, go places and see things, make friends, enjoy family (at least the ones that don't shun you ) enjoy and appreciate your soul mate, work at things you enjoy, and be charitable.

Outaservice smell the

• I quit!
    I quit!

I really don't have a big plan and I don't think I really want one. I'm pretty much happy where I am.

So at this point I don't know what I'm suppose to do for the rest of my life

I'm not sure your supposed to do anything. What would you like to do? I think there are lot of things to do after leaving the WT. You can go back to school and learn a new field or just take some classes you are interested in. Read all the books you weren't allowed to read as a dub. Take a ski trip instead of pioneering. Go to church on Sunday instead of the kingdumb hall or just stay home and garden on Sunday. Join a gym. Join a womens club. Move to an area where the need isn't great but where you'd like to live.

For some people I think it takes a while for them to get used to not having an organization trying to micro manage every aspect of their life for them. Just try to relax and enjoy the ride.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sorry Miss A. .....(hope this didn't hurt you too much).... and thanks for posting the link....

Music can be an inspiration, I found this so. ....not that I can make decisions and feel like I did right, but this song made me feel like I have options when I'm ready to make them. ie: Beyond 1914, 1975, the 20th centurym etc, ....I was never suppose to be here.

r.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i just want to live simply. grow my food, gather my energy, live well, laugh a lot, love nature, day by day, moment by moment.

i'd like to move back to Colombia some day too. i have family there, and things that are still mysterious to me, i believe. or at least visit extensively.

growing my dreads. when i am an old man, they are going to be down by my ankles. lol. long term goals. gotta have em.

tetra

• restrangled
    restrangled

You all have great dreams....

Wish I had the same. After watching that commercial, I use to feel like those horses, wild, free and so full of energy...not anymore ....I will be 48 this spring and have lost a lot of steam .....

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Rest,

Stricken by your recent announcement of a premature retirement, I am gladdened by your return to JWD! Your offerings here are far too valuable to be left off entirely.
    What will we do, where will we go? I plan for nothing anymore, save for the few hours a day I devote to my students. That is a given. There is no future financially. My family and our relationship? In a state of flux. They have their lives to lead. I am content - truly so, for the first time ever - to await whatever should come my way. I was always so emotionally needy, a clinging vine. Makes for good art [?] but for one hell of a life. I have seen the goodness of NORMAL people and its beneficial workings upon me. New friendships, such as yours, R., do spur me on to better myself, to not quit. And you must not give up on the musical goals you have set before yourself. "What About Bob?" ------ BABY STEPS!
    We shall certainly talk again!

Love,
    CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit