God can bring us the peace that America took away.

by Santisimo 18 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    That's the smartest thing you could come up with?

No. In fact it's one of the least smart things I've posted in a while and though I'll explain why I posted it, it's not an excuse. So, first of all, 'I'm sorry'. I just skimmed through your post without giving it the proper attention and only hit the reply button when I came across your concluding comments. I do feel they were ridiculous - I don't apologise for that, and your affectation for typing god as G-d really wound me up but still, I goofed up.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

For those not in the know, Jews have an affection for using the spelling "G-d". Along with the comments about a messiah and some comments on previous threads, I'm guessing that he's not a Christian, so some of your comments may be well off the mark.

I guess this kinda illustrates one of the points that I frequently make on this Board, that most folks know jack sh*t about religion and then spout off like they are experts because they have a) a WTS education on the subject, and b) still believe what the WTS said about all religions being false / corrupt / heinous.

A particular gripe I have with the thread starts with the thread title. America (or more specifically the United States of America) is a country, a piece of land, and thus is wholey unable to take peace away from anything.

I don't believe the American people can be blamed for everything their government chooses to do, either. Sure they vote them into power, but I would suggest that it's never under the manifesto of "we're going to bomb the huck out of a few third world nations - vote for us!". When a government acts against the interests of the people, in a significant enough manner, the government's days are numbered until the next ballot box.

I don't blame the armed forces, which mostly comprise of men and women who have been trained to do an exceptionally difficult and demanding job, and take orders from their leaders. Which leaves the blame squarely on the shoulders of said leaders. I'm honestly surprised that more world leaders aren't indicted for war crimes!

That all having being said I guess this thread just goes to show that regardless of choice of religion or political party, an individual can still spout shyte

• james_woods
    james_woods

A "G-d given" example of the famous 80%/20% rule, then followed up by messianic delusions?

U.S. went to war against Germany because they owed us money (gold money)?

I am following with continuing interest. In the meantime, I think I may just go have a look at the poster's past comments.

James

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Dude, I think you missed the Messiah being that he came more than 2,000 years ago. You must have been out to lunch! Just kidding. The article was very good until you lost me at the end. But I hope you had a good rant and you are feeling better now. Peace, Lilly

LT,

by the way, your comments were hilarious, I love the play on the word "shyte". I thought he was a Jew as soon as he said that the Koran was a bad copy of the Torah.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

santisimo,

if you are jewish, then my apologies to you for confusing you with a christian!

peace,

tetra

• james_woods
    james_woods

Isn't it possible that God created the universe TO LOOK OLD?

Think about it, when God created Adam he was a full grown adult - not an infant. He created Eve as a full grown woman.

Is it hard to believe that God could create a universe fully formed? If God has the power to create, and is above everything, what is so hard about creaing the universe in six days?

And about the dinosaurs. Just because there are bones in the ground it doesn't mean they EVER WALKED THE EARTH. Isn't it possible that God buried these bones to preserve our freedom of choice? After all, if God made it too obvious that he created everything we wouldn't have much of a choice about worshipping him, right?

Is it possible that the WTS fell into the trap of making the Bible view match the opinions of scientists? Shouldn't the WTS have more faith in the Bible and BELIEVE AND TEACH that God DID CREATE THE WORLD IN SIX LITERAL DAYS? Wouldn't this show more faith, more credibility than folding to the thoughts of scientists WHO HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG ABOUT MANY THINGS?

Some fascinating comments on the dinosaurs. A christian fundie here at work told me essentially the same thing - dinosaur fossils were a trick by God to make evolutionists lose their faith. Sometimes we really do have to consider the source. James

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

HA HA!!! that is categorically hilarious!

i think bill hicks had a stand up routine on this concept: the laughing trickster God with his shovel planting dinosaur fossils in the ground:

"heh heh heh, i'm a trickster god! i'll plant these here fossils! no one will believe in me now! ha ha aha!"

tetra

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

To whom it may concern I am an American X's about 9 generations and I worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 months in 2000 to try to keep G.W Bush from being president.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

LT said:"an individual can still spout shyte." Gosh, golly, by G_d! And a whole lot of it, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit