Would you submit to a "voluntary" search?...

by Justice-One 40 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "You know I can get a warrant really easy. It will go easier on you if you just let me take look."

Or... "Just what DO you have in the trunk? Do you have something to hide?"

So, are you detaining me or am I free to go?
    Answer this for all questions.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

New Boy,I was drinking tea when i read yer comment..laughed so hard i like blew tea out of my eyes....

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I have nothing to hide, so wouldn't object to any kind of a search. My trunk has a bottle of Febreeze in it, and a quilt. What can they do with that?

If you bought the car new, you might be ok. However, it is NEVER a good idea to give away rights.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

BTW, having nothing to hide has nothing to do with this. I wonder how the cop would feel and what he would say, that since HE probably has nothing to hide, if you can come over to his house and "just take a look around." In this country you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. It should be assumed until proven otherwise, that all you have in your trunk (or whatever) is legal lawful property.

Cops seem to have a lot of "wants" these days. My Dad used to say put your wants in one hand, and crap in the other...and see which one fills up first.

• JH
    JH

If I have nothing to hide,sure...

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Are you a guilty until proven innocent type?

• outoftheorg?
    outoftheorg?

From my experiences in Mexico, guilty until proven innocent is the way their legal system works.

Justice one wouldn't last long there.

Most car stops are due to knowledge about the drivers life style and associates and previous arrests.

During my time as a sheriffs deputy, I always had a legit reason for asking about a search and it wasn't for the trunk only.

Outoftheorg

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well as someone who used to cross the Mexican/US border nearly every day for five years, I am kind of numb to the loss of rights regarding searches.

Concerning the scenario you suggested, however, it would depend on the attitude of the cop. I am not afraid one bit to stand up for myself when it comes to officials. I wasn't always this way, but it's one of the benefits of coming through an abusive relationship relatively unscathed.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Never give up your rights, because if you do, you are succeeding you rights and no longer have them. I have been asked that same question "mind if I look in your trunk?" You damn right i mind. I wouldn't ever let them look in there. Even on a military base i tell them to get a warrant and hell no you ain't lookikng in my car.

Several years ago, was asked to have my car searched, and i acquised to their request, but had told them not to stick their face or the let the dogs they had with them into my car. they blew me off and when they opened the door to let their drug dog get a sniff, my doberman attacked it and bit half of its face off, and then the s**t really did hit the fan. I was on a military base and when Ali handra bit that bitch of a dog I couldn't stop laughing and telling them you dumb ass I told you dont let you dog into or even sniff in my car. they never seen Ali Handra because she was laying between the front and back seat.

the up shot of all the mess was that they the military police got their asses chewed out good from their supervisors, their dog had to be taken to the Vet for emergency surgery and Ali Handra has to be restrained by me from attacking the MP's. Will always remember the look on their faces when their drug dog got attacked.

So from that point on even on a military base I told them to get a warrant as I wasn't letting them search my vehicle.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I would also decline. If he's going to waste my time, I'm not going to make it easy.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit