The "Creation of Eve" and the interval affecting 1975

by Terry 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "we have the anchor date, 1914,

Not any more, Freddy. Your "brothers" changed that on you back in '95, cutting the anchor and leaving your precious organization adrift.

• Terry
    Terry

But, without the signifigance of the 7000 year day, 1975 just doesn't mean squat. No matter if 607bce is right or not.

Cults seem to shake off setbacks due to doctrinal misfires with alarming ease!

The Mormon Church once had its own army and opposed the army of the United States of America! They printed counterfeit money and advocated multiple (plural) marriages even after publicly denouncing same!

Yet, a few carefully chosen words here and there and....Presto! The stench is gone. Pfffft! Like magic.

Mormons have successfully penetrated into mainstream America no matter who curls their lip at them.

Jehovah's Witnesses have multiple embarassments in their 100% error rate in dispensing Truth at the proper time, yet; they march forward and today's Kingdom Halls shrug it all off as mere human error. No significance is attached by way of regarding it as False Prophecy.

It is really the human need to shore up one's weakness by aligning oneself with a group larger than life and proclaiming absolute right.

What galls me is not merely claiming correctness in the face of evidence to the contrary. No. It is the fact Jehovah's Witnesses actually believe they have a superior knowledge based on facts. They have no facts. They have false premises. They have presuppositions. They stack the deck and then deal as though a clean shuffle has preceded!

They won't even consider contrary proof while cramming their own rigged propaganda down the throat's of the unwary under the guise of a Divine Purpose!

The best challenge you can present to a JW at your door is the challenge to them to do what they are asking the householder to do. To wit: give honest consideration to proof that your religion may be a pack of lies!

They are intellectually dishonest and ethical cowards parading about with human wisdom trumped up like a shiny badge of Divine Wisdom and humble martyrs to the true cause.

Humbug!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ha! Don't hold back, Terry - tell em how you really feel.

I agree, it is stunningly hypocritical to just jettison all your past embarrasing prophecy, not explain a thing about it, and then act as if it was never really taught.

Question - was there ever any redirection on the creation of Eve idea, either leaked by public talk, or actually printed? Or, do they deny the creation of Eve date significance just like they do 1975 in general?

• Terry
    Terry

Question - was there ever any redirection on the creation of Eve idea, either leaked by public talk, or actually printed? Or, do they deny the creation of Eve date significance just like they do 1975 in general?

Yours is actually a fascinating question of process!

What does a small child do when you ask them to admit they did something wrong? They don't want to be punished or held accountable because it is uncomfortable. So.....a child will do one of several things.

1.Pretend nothing happened

2.Pretend to not know what you are talking about

3. Blame somebody else

4. Lie

This process is what the Watchtower society has always done when caught out in a lie.

They will change information in subsequent articles in a subtle fashion to break the connection between the cause of an event and the effect of the cause. (Changing wording in articles or dates in predictions is one way.)

They will point the finger at Christendom and try to make the larger crimes of others a mitigating factor in their own smaller foibles. They will blame the rank and file for "reading more into" their articles than was intending. They will self-mitigate by framing their error in terms of being enthusiastic and zealous for Jehovah's kingdom.

They also lie outright. More insidiously, they have formed a wall of pressure to mount an offense against naysayers and critics that snuff out family empathy and personal friendships of support.

The final red herring they toss out is that "who else has the pure worship Jehovah's people have"?

This is an outrageous crock because it implies the fallacy of either/or dichotomy which says you MUST BE INVOLVED WITH A RELIGION rather than thinking for yourself.

The Watchtower kills individuality and labels it as a disgusting human sin. They are in the cloning business. Individuality is snuffed.

When I go back and read a disinformation article a very familiar feeling creeps over me that makes my spine tingle!

I can feel the conditioning coming alive in each sentence the way it is (awkwardly) set up to pay off in the end.

It is like having a python coil around you gently and apply pressure oh so subtly until the air goes out of you and your bones liquefy.

Then, you are swallowed alive!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Excellent post, Terry!

Randy

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Excellent post, Terry, and many fine comments from everyone.

I especially like the point about Adam's age when Seth was born. If I'm not mistaken, they've painted themselves into a corner because they connected a date with a timeline, in Adam. Now the clock is ticking and they can't stop it. I won't be here to see it play out, but someday even the 7,000 years will run out for them. Then what will they do?

More lies, more cult manipulation, and more attacks on other religions and those JW's who have FINALLY had enough. (If that's possible.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If I'm not mistaken, they've painted themselves into a corner because they connected a date with a timeline,
    in Adam. Now the clock is ticking and they can't stop it.

They have painted themselves into corners before, and came out of them by walking on the
    paint. "This Generation" and 1975 were most recent. Their never truly dropping their
    explanation of 1975 causes only the older ones to believe the number of years tied to the
    7000 years to a creative day, with the upper limit being before less than 130 years are connected
    to Adam's time in Paradise. (Wordy) Only the faithful older ones who don't repeat it but still
    believe it's true. Not only they, but also all current JW's (except for some babies) will be dead
    before the absolute upper limits of that theory are reached. By then, nobody will have taught it,
    promoted it, believed it- end of that story. I do expect more blunders in this century, sooner than
    that, but they will be more careful than they were in 1975.

• bert
    bert

The expression "wiggle room" for me shows just how much they have been reduced to cartoon status in their attempt to be taken seriously. If it werent for all the hurt and damage they have inflicted on innocent people over the years it would actually be funny.I was d'fd in 74 and my older brother kept throwing this time difference of Eves creation in my face after 75 didnt happen. It kept me anxious at least until 85 and then I just decided to stop thinking about it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Speaking to the question on whether this Eve doctrine has ever been retracted...I have never heard a retraction. I think it has gone the way of many fallacious Watchtower teachings. They are left unrepeated and they seem to fade. But I know people who still have stock in this belief. I also remember as a kid this talk being all the rage. Particularly in 1976 JWs had many questions. And this was the explanation given. I remember a Bethelite coming by our house as a kid and explaining this to me, drawing sketches and timelines on a paper napkin. I believed it of course, I was only ten years old.

tsof

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Onthewayout: Excellent analysis. I wish we all lived for 200 years. I'd sure like to see this one play out. Maybe we'll be laughing from Heaven. Maybe without any JW's with us since they want the earth so much. Ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit