Similarities between Pol Pot and Jehovah?

by Gill 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Pol Pot had ambitions for Cambodia. He wanted to make it an farming paradise and return it to year 0!

He attempted to do this by killing of the enducated people and those who did not agree with his ambitions. He marched the people away from the cities and buildings and returned them to live in 'idyllic' conditions of the countryside. Bodies were left to lie where they were killed and the land of Cambodia was litterered with corpses for the birds and animals to eat.

Sadly, the ambitions of Pol Pot remind me of the ambitions of the God of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

We see cities being destroyed in their literature. We see the people in the pictures living the countryside 'paradisaic' life. We read how God only values the humble and not those puffed up with education.

We read how Jehovah will destroy everyone who won't do what he says and wants and their bodies will be left to rot and be eaten by the birds.

Pol Pot - the God of the Jehovah's Witnesses, do/did they share the same ambitions?

• lowden
    lowden

One and the same Gill

Totalitarianism.

Jesus also worshipped that god, the god of the bible and is/was a Fascist minion.

Behind all his nice fancy words there lies an unspeakably wicked heart.

'He that is not for me is against me'.....and the rest.

I'm sure Joseph Goebbels had wonderful smiley words to speak too.

Peace

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

Lowden - Accept or Die!

Frighteningly cruel!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There are certainly similarities between Pol Pot and the god the jws worship.

They were both mass - murderers, demanding total dedication from their followers.

They both promised a paradise for those that followed them.

Pol Pot's followers ended up with nothing for all their sacrifices, and so will those who follow jehovah.

• skyking
    skyking

Good post. I like posts that make me think and this is one of them thanks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The old study book "You Can Live Forever in Paradise On Earth" (published in 1982), in its very first chapter, referred to the atrocities in Cambodia as an example of terrible world conditions that need to be solved (by Jehovah God's Kingdom, of course!).

Later in the same book, God's "loving" purpose to destroy the billions who are on the "broad path that leads to destruction" is described. If you do not follow Watchtower doctrine closely enough, you're toast!

Pol Pot destroys millions for not following his 'narrow path', and he is bad. Jehovah will destroy billions for not following his 'narrow path', and he is good.

Right.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

All people in Cambodia were forced to work for 'Ankar' and they encouraged the population to report people who were disloyal to Ankar. A time-honored recipe for genocide was followed - an obsessive desire to reach a religious or political ideal coupled with a healthy dose of madness.

Pol pot was simply head of a GB who were unrestrained in their plans and ideas - but the goals of both groups are the same

• think like us or die
    • let them rot and the birds eat them
    • shun adanced thought and technology
    • rely on primitive farming and similar non-thinking existence
    • serve Ankar (jeboobah) - Ankar sees everything, Ankar knows best
    • if anyone is even thinking out of line, even your own family, dob them in
    • it's best for the group if such ones are chastised or perhaps killed, even if they are your family
    • you will be happy, if you are not happy with all of this there is something wrong with you
    • the rest of the world are evil, we are pure and getting purer

etc, etc, etc, etc

same s$!t, different name

• Gill
    Gill

Gopher - I had completely forgotten about that being in the Live Forever Book.

Do you think that someone in Brooklyn, on the writing team, noticed the similarities first?

A Paduan - By a different name the Khmer Rouge were very much militant JWs or even JWs should the New System ever come to pass!

I stick to my guns! I'd rather die that Live Forever with Jehovah's Witness in their 'paradise earth'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit