crazyblondeb......hey, she needs some encouragement

by purplesofa 44 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Crazy can't get online, and JWD is a real support system to her right now.

I talked with her a few minutes ago on the phone........

and she is going to call me tomorrow.

Her Mom is driving her nuts, she is ready to make a change in her life........and I am asking you to encourage her, as she is being very couragious right now. I am proud of her.

She is going to call tomorrow and I would like to be able to read some wonderful things to her from her friends at JWD!!!!!

I am proud of you Crazy.........growth is a slow progress sometimes..........but when you look how far you have come.........it;s amazing how fast you have moved along.

purps

ps.........The best thing about watching American Idol tonight was that Fantastic coke commercial. Wonder if that is the first time it has been on.

• codeblue
    codeblue

awe (((Crazyblondeb)))

I am so sorry life is so tough right now. Rest assured if I were close enough I would visit you and try to cheer you up...

hang in there

love ya,

Codeblue

• juni
    juni

Hi Shelley,

Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and miss you. Wish I could be there by your side to give you a big, old hug. Take care of yourself....

With love,

Juni

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey cbb, I hope everything works out for you. I don't know what specific advice to give you for your situation, but here's something I posted on my blog awhile back that I FULLY BELIEVE and that I think may be of assistance to

I think everyone has heard about the importance of perseverence when confronting life's problems. If it weren't for perseverence, we wouldn't have any cities, culture, classical books and poetry, or possibly our own lives. Perseverence has been behind every problem solved from the beginning of time and yet sometimes, perseverence is just plain stubborness.

Sometimes a brick wall isn't an opportunity to persevere and conquer, sometimes it's a test of whether we're smart enough to not try and tackle a wall made of bricks.

I don't have any surefire suggestions for determining whether a brick wall is an opportunity to show perseverence or a sign to change directions, but I do have a couple observations.

First, if the wall is a test of perseverence, even during the darkest moments, a possible way of passing the wall will be visible. There will be a crack in the wall, or possibly some debris nearby that can be used for climbing over. If the best direction to go is through the wall, the way to do that will be discernible. If not, then this may be a sign to plot a new course.

Sometimes a wall will appear at a crossroads or Y in the road. The wall may only be blocking off one of the possible paths. If you've determined that a particular wall is not meant to be a test of perseverence, feel along the wall in both directions and see if there may be an end to the wall hidden in the underbrush. Maybe the wall, instead of being an obstacle, is a loving signal that one of the possible paths in front of you in is not worth the effort to maneauver it.

The bottom line is that we do well to consider the layout of our house or apartment when we encounter walls in our lives. When going from the living room to the dining room, we don't crash through the sheetrock or climb over a room divider - we look around for the door and changing rooms isn't even a challenge.

I posted this as I was dealing with problem after problem after problem with an employer I had. I'd solve one problem and a bigger one would take its place. I finally realized that I needed to get out of that unhealthy environment even thought I had no idea where to go and I was very frightened by the prospect.

I took some time to go over my options, put applications in everywhere I could, even fast food, and accepted whatever employment was offered (for me that was two minimum wage jobs.) The emotional difference was amazing. Even though I had less money, I wasn't beating my head against the wall and I was able to move ahead with my goals.

I still have a ways to go, but if you keep running into obstacles, maybe the solution isn't to push forward, but take a side path.

Good luck. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((CBB))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

All those baby steps add up to quite a few miles after a while. So keep on your path.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Crazyblonddeb

Hope things look up for you. I enjoy your posts and look forward to hearing from you again. Don't know what you are going through, but I send you good thoughts and hope things work out for the best.

Sincerely, CC

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

One thing.......I don't think she will mind me telling.......is her mom read some of her emails from JWD or something like that.

And her mom beleives her computer is now demonized from her visits to JWD.

(Her Mom is serious, this is not joking)

purps

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Czy Blond

If purps is proud of you then so am I.

Sorry you are up against it - I'll be looking for ya'

Chin up and I'm glad you are being brave.

When dealing with your mom - count to 10 first....

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hey, you Crazy Blonde!!! I have been wondering where you were. Hang in there, Baby... I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but this, too, shall pass... is there anyway you could go to the public library and sign on here for an hour or so in their internet corner?

HUGS and strength to you, Sweetie!!!
    Baba

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

hey crazyblondeb,

Family can really drive you crazy sometimes! Don't let your mom get you down, and keep on whatever path you've embarked on.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit