exJW Obsession and Paranoia towards the Witness Religion- Is it healthy?

by timetochange 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

obsession?

Let's see. After I left:

• I went to counseling.
    • I went to college.
    • Then I went on to university.
    • Raised two children alone.
    • Started a career
    • Moved out west.
    • Married
    • Moved back east
    • Went for some more counseling

I don't spend all my time obsessively click on ACTIVE TOPICS to see what others are posting. I do try to:

• help others
    • do a bit of research
    • get some support when I need it

I think the obsessed part is a NO

Paranoia?

Definition Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them." http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/paranoia.jsp

Is it unfounded?

• Well considering that the JWs I knew were more than willing to make up a lot of lies about why I left I would say it isn't "unfounded"
    • not even family who knew what happened offered any support

exaggerated distrust of others?

• so they turned their backs on me and my daughters (who did absolutely nothing wrong)
    • they lied
    • the WTS tells them we are like the dead, we are depraved and past all moral sense

I could be wrong but I doubt it. It isn't obsessive or paranoid to recognize reality and to try to find ways to protect ourselves and offer a hand of support to others who need it

People commit suicide after being tossed to the curb. This is serious and life-changing especially for those who have lost all family and friends who are still in the WTS.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

If I were a paranoid-schizophrenic that was obsessed with the Watchtower speaking into my brain, I'd would be like the Son of Sam and start shooting all of the members of the governing body; but that thought never crossed my mind.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Please forgive Gregor. He's just an arrogant, undiluted, bombast. ( to Gregor)

Yup, and proud of it. What Auld Soul is trying to say is that I usually just cut to the bottom line with hardly any pillow talk coochy koo. Who is to say me nay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit