2007 District Convention

by ValiantBoy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Mom is assigned to Ft Worth, but she will prolly go to one in OKC area. Wondering where anyone else is assigned? or even where they are being held.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Supposed to go to ATLANTA!!!!!!, but Mobile, AL is closer.....

I wonder if they know that it's over 500 miles from here to Atlanta? To hell with those African bros crossing the alligator infested swamps for two weeks to get to the DC, they could just write about my family! Does anyone know how hard it is to keep children happy for 8 hours in the car when they know that Daddy is ready to burst from the anger that he has to waste MORE time on this crap?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Reverend Amos-

Why not take the family to a Gulf Shore Beach and thank the Lord for his goodness? You don't have to waste your time... you choose to! Choose wisely, life is too short! At least give the kids a break from the WTS B.S.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Kansas City Missouri for me June 1st - 3rd

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

My roommate has been going to Columbus, Ga for the past couple of years. 2 years ago we had a hurricane come through at that time and they had to stay up there an extra day because the roads were closed. The PO and his wife came home early before the storm hit and went to another convention in Mobile to make up what they missed.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Do they still print the convention list on the back of the Watchtower?

• ?me?
    ?me?

fortunately i live about 6 minutes from the venue , so we have to leave like 20 minutes before the program rand get to wake up at like 8:45 or so. we have been here for 7 or 8 years i think , but before that we usually had to drive 2 hours or so to the venue. it is nice to come home for lunch, or just go home if we want. i always look at the convention locations and imagine how far some people have to drive, especially in the less populated area of the us, like idaho, montana, the dakotas. and up in canada. i wouldn't mind if it was in a good city, like vegas or new orleans. me- getting ready for the exciting TMS and SM tonight.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Mines 10 hour drive away. will go nearer

• blondie
    blondie

The locations are printed in the WT. I don't have my rags right now but they are usually inside the last 2 pages. They eventually post them on the www.jw-media.org page. Some have the WTs from February, are they in those?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Our drive is less than an hour, but I can't atand to sit through them anymore. Last year I didn't attend any of it. Once you can see through the bull****, it is mental torture to listen to them drone on. I do sympathize with those who are trapped in for family reasons, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit