Say What's On Your Mind

by minimus 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sister Lindsay Lohan.

Spiritual Schwing-time!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Xena and tetragod....Thanks for the great suggestions....keep 'em coming! The JHVH-1 is really weird...is that from somewhere interesting? Cat Power is an interesting idea....last year or the year before I used Emily Haines' picture as an avatar for a while, mebbe I should do something like that again. The psychedelic stuff would be great for frankiespeakin if he ever wants a new avatar, but they're not quite my style...

Here's a review of my avatars to date:

1) 2002- 2003 2) Jan.-Mar. 2004 3) Mar.-Jun. 2004 4) Jun.-Aug. 2004 5) Aug. 2004-Apr. 2005 6) Apr.-Jul. 2005 7) Aug. 2005-Mar. 2006 8) Mar.-Jun. 2006 9) Jul. 2006-Jan. 2007 10) ????????

That should give a sense of my style....any old avatars anyone wants to see reinstated?

Aside from that, she has to change her current avatar upon reaching that post count. The reasons should be obvious. Since it is possible that Daniel prophesied just such an occurrence in our day—by reason of the plain teachings of Daniel 4 and how clearly this chapter refers to modern times—Leolaia must change her avatar upon reaching 8,633 posts.

Absolutely...it's also mandated in the Constitution, in the same amendment that ensures that all Indian restaurants all a lunch buffett...

• Xena
    Xena

The one I posted is the emblem of Diane de Poitiers, three interlaced crescents.

When I think of you I think of a strong intelligent woman who would be able to hold the affections of a king thru her subtle wit and beauty.

• JH
    JH

Music and beer is good

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

#8633!! Time to send da Judge off to prison...

Xena....That is such a beautiful thought! And quite a powerful meaning behind the symbol. The bare drawing however needs some color in it...I tried tinkering with it, how does this look:

Last chance for any other suggestions....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Would that be the anti-typical amazon women of 2007?

A white background might be better - the red doesn't show up so well against the magenta.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, this is just temporary for the Australian Open, but I want to express my hopes for Kim Clijsters -- in her last year of professional tennis -- to have success and stay injury-free, and grab another Grand Slam title!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ha ha! nice one leo! the JHVH-1 is from the church of the sub genius. probably not your style either, hehehe. ;)

tetra

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

What's on my mind? The importance of attitude. No matter what happens to me, no matter what obstacles I have to move, straddle, or avert, no matter what unexpected crisi arise in the realization of my dreams and goals, I don't have to be any more discouraged or frustrated then I choose to be.

Has anyone heard the story about the prisoner of war in vietnam who perfected his golf game while in solitary confinement? He made the conscious decision that he wasn't going to let his predicament destroy him and to further that goal, he undertook a study of every shot he'd ever made in golf. He concentrated on each and every time he played and each and every shot he attempted until he could recall how he was standing, what he was thinking, and what the results of each shot was. Soon, he began to notice patterns in his shooting. He realized he stood one way when his shots were accurate and another way when they missed by a large margin. He realized that he thought different things on days he enjoyed success then on those he suffered frustration. By the time he was eventually freed from the prisoner of war camp and returned home, he had spent enough time thinking about his game, that he had become quite a successful golfer -- and he maintained his sanity through one of the toughest ordeals a human can endure.

That's what's on my mind today...

• dh
    dh

Don't you just LOVE Jehovah :)))))))))))

(tongue in cheek)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit