• Apostate Kate
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Jehovah's Witnesses cult of death

alt The Watchtower Cult IS Jonestown without the Kool-Aid! alt alt alt

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Seek2find:

Yes, I saw it but did you see the program that preceded it about the cults? That was a real eye-opener. As far as the similarities you mention, I saw them too. There would have been a time I would have been embarrassed to admit this but now I am glad they are showing programs like this. (There is a similar thread on this same topic).

The public needs to be made aware.

LHG

• seek2find
    seek2find

LHG I didn't get to see all the one before, I'll have to catch it another time. I'm like you, at one time I would have tried to defend the ORG but I don't feel that way any more. I really relate to the dads that lost their kids, that's the way it will be for me eventualy. seek2find

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I actually watched this and it haunted me until the middle of the night. I seriously could not get to sleep from tossing and turning over what is to come w/the borg.

This morning I had a conversation w/my jw husband about the show and it so strange because he can sit and bemoan how terrible it was yet he won't allow himself to put two and two together. I was VERY tempted to make a comparison, but my husband is smart and he doesn't need me to point out the obvious. Anyhow, what struck me especially hard was how Jim Jones painted the media and governments as evil and how they were automatically against them. Isn't that what the society does too?

Really, the most haunting part of the show was how they forced the babies and children to drink the kool-aid. I nearly vomited during that scene. It was just too painful to imagine a parents doing that to their child. I can't. even. imagine.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yes, I watched both programs. It's amazing how some individuals have so much charisma that people follow them blindly. It may have been a nice dream at the beginning, but it turned into a nightmare. At the end, in Jonestown, when some people wanted out, it was too late. While some people drank the poison willingly, many did not. Don't know whether to call it mass murder or mass suicide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit