Do you have a personal hero?

by zagor 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

I was just doing my page on myspace and this question really stuck with me. I don’t know if something is wrong with me or what, but if I have to answer this question truthfully I have to say I don’t have one. I like to learn about many different people and their achievements but in reality I just like being myself and not try to emulate someone else. Though I suppose knowing who is someone’s hero is can tell a lot about the person and what he or she is striving toward.

Anyway, your thoughts please :)

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well, Jesus Christ for one. But I'm kind of impressed with 'Little Toe' from this board. Maybe not a hero, but seems like a good guy!

Outaservice

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    I'm kind of impressed with 'Little Toe' from this board.

I kind of like Little Toe, too--especially if his picture is his real one...rowrrr!!

• zensim
    zensim

Rahab was always my favourite bible 'hero'.

Nowadays? I don't know, I guess anyone whom I observe trying to make a positive difference in a graceful, inspiring and happy way. For instance, gone are the days when we need someone like Germaine Greers to stand up for women's rights. I just admire any person who is making a positive difference whilst also enjoying life (not being bitter or lambasting others as wrong). I am particularly inspired by so many younger people being successful in business whilst also bringing about changes and awareness to the environment, proving that one does not exclude the other.

• RAF
    RAF

Damn' Outofservice ! you went faster than me on this one !

Since I've read the bible by myself

I would say Jesus Christ too (and I'm not kidding !!!) ... Why? Because this guy had everything spiritually COMPASSIONATE AND BOLD - WITY/STRAITFORWARD at the same time EVEN FUNY (you have to read in between the lines - in Paul's messages too) and A REAL GIVER in every matters that really matter ... WISE

I'm far from trying to be like him (give me 10 000 years and I might only try to get there), but he is my hero NOW !

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

My MOM.

She's awesome.

Hard worker. Very Intelligent. Great sense of humor. Best of all, loves me unconditionally.

YC

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

heros, hmmm....

i have lots of heros. a recent one i have picked up is marc emery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery

making the world a better place, one doob at a time. heheh

tetra

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Imagine correcting Isaac Newtons work, figuring out antigravity, relativity, the photelectric effect and dark matter 100 years ago with nothing but a pencil, in Nazi Germany, as a Jew, and becoming the father of the space age. That was Einstein.

• Golf
    Golf

No personal hero's just people who are positive and encouraging.

Golf

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Raymond Franz.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit