Will Armageddon be announced through the WT Magazine?

by Nosferatu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After seeing all the controversy on the fulfillment of Matt 24:14, many are waiting for it to be printed in the WT in order for it to be true.

Now, the latest WT is given to JWs somewhere around 3 months before it's studied at the WT study (correct me if I'm wrong). Many, if not most JWs don't bother reading the brand new magazines until it's time to prepare for the Sunday WT Study.

Now, given that the WTS has to print "new light" in the WT in order for it to be true, it would take three months if not more (printing, shipping time) to announce that Armageddon has arrived.

Isn't there something wrong with this picture?

• voltaire
    voltaire

You might argue that they've already announced it several times before. Why not one more time? Actually they got a little more on the ball about not being too explicit. Plausable deniability I think they call it. The current GB is a bit of a new crop. We'll see if they slip up and make an official pronouncement.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

New light printed in the study articles is usually pretty trivial. Occasional
    big stuff is put out like the "Generation" change. There are plenty of JW's
    that read it right away, creating a buzz about the exciting change that "we
    will study soon."

Announcing something at the District Assemblies has a similar effect to
    what you describe. Some go in May, others in August. Can't let huge
    changes dribble out like that. At least the WT study articles are available to
    everyone at the same time.

The quickest way to announce something of a big change is to send a letter to
    bodies of elders, have them read it at the VERY NEXT MEETING or set a week for
    them to read it. That's very common.

As far as announcing Armageddon in the study article- it will never be announced
    that way, because the WTS's idea of Armageddon is never coming.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Armageddon is the scare tactic to get meeting attendance up. It automatically gets mothers to call inactive children and beg them to come to the meetings again. "We are Sooooo close, I don't want my GOD OF LOVE to destroy you". It is time too EARN your SALVATION.

The WTS has proved that the bible is subjective and interpetation can be adjusted at any time.

• lilybird
    lilybird

No.. the org will probably choose to announce it thru a tract distribution, It is lower cost than printing a Wacktower and keeps the Dubs busy in Field Service while accomplishing absoutely nothing except to pester and annoy the unsuspecting public.

• blondie
    blondie

If all the things the WTS has predicted re the great tribulation really happen, JWs won't need an announcement. If all religions are destroyed and JWs are being rounded up, no guessing will be needed. Armageddon, based on the pictures in WTS pubs, seem to make it clear that JWs won't need o wonder if it has started.

It would have to be a means that everyone gets the info at the same time. I always imagined that all the bodies of elders would get a letter delivered eith the the post office, or by hand. Bur it certainly would not be at assemblies that are held from September through May or in publications that come out over an uneven period of time.

Blondie

• uninformed
    uninformed

Probably will be in an Awake Article about the UN finally leading the organization to Glory.

• steve2
    steve2

Wouldn't the very best method of announcing its arrival be email or texting?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

common guys!!! Why do you think they requested that all the publishers give their contact info...like their cell phones? The WTBTS WILL TEXT MESSAGE ALL THE DUBS CELLS WITH "ARMAGEDDON HAS BEEN FULFILLED, YOU MAY KNOW GO BACK TO YOUR REGULAR SCHEDULE"

• POs Son
    POs Son

Probably not by email or text message.... Dubs aren't supposed to use the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit