Long Time Lurker

by the comet 25 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie

Welcome...yeah I had the overlapping gen' discussion with two trolley/ cart older jws , they had no biblical support for this and could only say its further enlightenment?!!

Best wishes on your journey out of the bullsh....t

• Magnum
    Magnum
    FayeDunaway, HaHa! "eight.....MILLION.....followers" and a WEB.....site.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Overlapping generations was the trigger for me and that joke of the zone branch broadcast sealed the deal
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I was honest and stated my doubts about the generation teaching and the g.b. being led by god.

I'm wondering how often this elder has already heard, or thought, these same doubts.

• Listener
    Listener
    Welcome TheComet, nice to have you on-board..
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Welcome! Wow.....you actually made those admissions to an Elder, and haven't gotten invited to a Judicial Committee yet? You really do live in a liberal Congregation......that, or the Elder himself has the same doubts and is maybe even "awake" like you?

Mormons and Scientologists also have websites.....better than the JW's actually. The Heaven's Gate Cult were probably the first to have a website.....they killed themselves in hopes of being transported up to the Hale-Bopp comet. Was that God's backing as well? Crazy, crazy reasoning.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome the comet, Thanks for your post...it's nice to see lurkers finally posting.

I see you're still in for family but you woke up five years ago. That is a long time to still go to meetings.

Are you struggling to keep sane at meetings? How do you cope? Do you want true freedom?

Take care

Kate xx

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Welcome comet
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Welcome Comet!

I too was a long time lurker until about a month a ago. I have been mentally since at least 2010, but I still go to meetings just to keep up appearances. It is becoming tougher and tougher to do, however. I am thankful for websites like this that make it a little easier.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome, the comet.

This hall is just a social club with crazy rules - yep, pretty much spot on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit