Long Time Lurker

by the comet 25 Replies latest jw friends

• the comet
    the comet

It took a few years but I finally decided to join yesterday. My background, born-in, still go to meetings for family reasons, I am inactive however. If you were to ask when I first woke up I would say 2010 with the overlapping generation garbage. It didn't make sense and proved to me god wasn't directing the previous teaching and he sure as hell wasn't behind this new fantasy.

Shortly after that I stopped reporting service time and only go to a meeting about twice a month to keep family somewhat happy. I'm also grateful to be in one of the most liberal/no one cares halls in the U.S. In my one informal meeting with an elder inquiring why I had suddenly fallen off "Jehovah's chariot" I was honest and stated my doubts about the generation teaching and the g.b. being led by god. His response was "yeah I can't prove that point from the bible either, but look at the new website! that wouldn't be possible with Jehovah's backing." He is viewed as one of the more "intelligent" elders in the hall. This hall is just a social club with crazy rules.

I do try to do my best in offering up a subversive comment now and again, In search of Christian freedom is one of my favorite references for this, awesome book.

Well as you can probably tell I'm not much of a writer, I do enjoy reading many of the fine writers here, Terry, AlanF, Blondie and cofty come to mind, I'm forgetting dozens of people here that I really enjoy and look forward to their posts. I remember when I first found this site I must have spent days on here going through years of posts. Anyway from a long time lurker, thank you.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Welcome!

I must have spent days on here going through years of posts.

I know exactly that feeling.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi and welcome!

im glad you are no longer lurking and are posting. We can all encourage one another.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Welcome The Comet - you've definitely made wise choices! Enjoy the journey from now on!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome comet. Your writing is just fine. Keep up the slow fade.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    look at the new website! that wouldn't be possible with Jehovah's backing

Did you mean "without Jehovah's backing"? If so, what in the H3LL is he talking about? Why wouldn't it be possible without the backing of a superhuman being? The whole internet and computers themselves were designed and made without divine help. Why would a website like JWdotORG not be possible without superhuman help?

• the comet
    the comet
    @Magnum sorry yeah meant "without jehovah's backing.". bragging about the website is pretty popular in the hall, one comment from the platform was it was the worlds 2nd most popular website!
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    bragging about the website is pretty popular in the hall, one comment from the platform was it was the worlds 2nd most popular website!

Yeah, JWs are so proud that they have a website. However, they are so far behind the rest of the world. I mentioned this some months ago on this site, but I'm going to mention it again. They remind me of Dr Evil when he came out of his 30-year freeze. He was so behind times. He thought lasers were rare and that they were at the forefront of science and that having one would impress everybody, when, actually lasers were all over the place.

JWs think they're leading the pack, blazing new trails, impressing everybody with their website, when there are thousands and thousands of websites.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Lol...dr. Evil....I love that analogy! And they have eight ...MILLION...followers :D
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

the comet: look at the new website! that wouldn't be possible with[out] Jehovah's backing

WTF! That elder is an idiot. Everyone has a website. My sister has a website.

Welcome to the forum and the rest of your life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit